When the iPhone 7 is introduced, how much of a drop in price will it be for the 6/6S?

timja

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
Can anyone really say yet how much the iPhone 6/6s will go down following the announcement/release of the iPhone 7?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Deals for the iPhone 6/6S can already be found at places like Best Buy. Visit its website to see if any of the offers suit you.

stayawayfromthey

Mar 11, 2016
Visit site
Probably something equivalent to whatever the current tier is now. So the 7 will cost however much the 6s currently costs in the UK, the 6s will cost however much the 6 currently costs in the UK. Same with the Plus models.

I'm guessing the 6 and 6 Plus will be dropped because of the SE existing.

timja

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
Yes I suppose that makes sense. Unless something changes after/whether the iPhone 7 Plus is announced.

Interesting that there is already so much speculation surrounding the iPhone 8.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Interesting that there is already so much speculation surrounding the iPhone 8.

I have a little conspiracy theory that Apple is purposely leaking some details about next year's model earlier than usual to keep shareholders and the public happy. Usually we would be seeing a major refresh this year but we aren't. So instead of hearing "Apple isn't innovating anymore" we are hearing "Apple is gearing up for a huge device refresh next year". Based off of rumors, I'm probably going to upgrade this year but I'm definitely upgrading next year.

timja

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
I have a little conspiracy theory that Apple is purposely leaking some details about next year's model earlier than usual to keep shareholders and the public happy. Usually we would be seeing a major refresh this year but we aren't. So instead of hearing "Apple isn't innovating anymore" we are hearing "Apple is gearing up for a huge device refresh next year". Based off of rumors, I'm probably going to upgrade this year but I'm definitely upgrading next year.

Yes, I can see why that makes sense. This would be my first upgrade for a long long time (even if I get the iPhone 6 - as I have the iPhone 4 still) so it would be frustrating to know it'll be years before I'm actually up-to-date!

jpgti

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
They probably drop the 6s altogether and keep the 6/6 plus as the budget big screen models, along with the SE. they usually drop the prices by $100.

timja

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
As the iPhone 7 is going to be the price of the iPhone 6S (and with the iPhone 6s now shipping with minimum of 32GB) I have to wonder what the price drop is going to be now here in the UK. Those factors just announced must have made a difference.

Although I must say I really like the 7 :yes:

Last edited: