Shut Down at Night or Leave on

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
I plug my in each night before bed regardless of how much battery life is displaying.
Good Luck

It's a personal thing. My current commute is over an hour in, so even with running the music player and a GPS app with the screen on, I can still fully charge my iPhone 6 in the car with the battery starting at 75%.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Just wondering how many people shut their iphone off at night while sleeping or leave it on 24/7 would there be any benefit to shut it down once in awhile .

I leave mine on 24/7 365. There's no real benefit in turning it off, unless you're on a plane that does't supply power in the arm of the seat.

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
K. Mine always is connected to wifi because I do not have a phone service connected to any of my devices. Well...besides magic jack. At night I listen to radio stations using my iPad and this is basically the same thing I can turn off the iPad and still listen to the radio stations.

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
K. Mine always is connected to wifi because I do not have a phone service connected to any of my devices. Well...besides magic jack. At night I listen to radio stations using my iPad and this is basically the same thing I can turn off the iPad and still listen to the radio stations.

That''s the problem. Unless you've turned the cellular radio off, it's trying to find a carrier.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

That''s the problem. Unless you've turned the cellular radio off, it's trying to find a carrier.

Yup... enable Airplane Mode then turn on wifi (and bluetooth if needed).

AustinIllini

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I leave my screen on maximum brightness and play Led Zeppelin's Misty Mountain Top on repeat every night.

Just kidding. I plug it in, so it's "on".

violetjune

Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
I leave my screen on maximum brightness and play Led Zeppelin's Misty Mountain Top on repeat every night.

Just kidding. I plug it in, so it's "on".

Awesome song ❤️
Sounds like something I would do in my 20's but without a cellphone .... Lol

Last edited:

Eclipse2K

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
I leave my phone on at all times while I am at home or out. I flip the vibrate switch at night so I don't wake up from a random email or text though. The only time my phone has no signal is when I put it in airplane mode at work. Unfortunately, were forbidden from having phones with us and the locker blocks signal so it's always searching. Too bad, guess it's time to find a job where I can keep my phone on me, lol.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711