Shut Down at Night or Leave on

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Although airplane mode in airplanes isn't that necessary anymore, I don't recommend people to go against the rules regarding flights.
Those rules are there for a reason and should be obeyed.

wilber1

Trusted Member
May 13, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for replys guys/girls just interesting to see how others use their iphones I do usually leave on 24/7 I sometimes just shut down at night to reboot and still have a landline .

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Due to the emergency notifications that the iPhone offers, I never shut mine off. I live in a country with a lot of earthquakes though.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Mine is always on. I can't even put it in night time mode bc I need to be reachable in case I'm paged for work. I do, however reboot the device every so often, which I think it's a good idea.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for replys guys/girls just interesting to see how others use their iphones I do usually leave on 24/7 I sometimes just shut down at night to reboot and still have a landline .

We have a landline simply because it's part of our internet/TV package but literally never use it. We keep the ringer and voicemail turned off at all times and have never given anybody the number. For this reason, along with other reasons, I keep my phone turned on ALL of the time.

opehyia

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site
I shut my phone down while charging and that's around 3 times a week. My phone deserves a rest so I make sure to shut it down especially during my idle hours when I don't expect someone to contact me. At night, I don't shut it down because I'll be needing to use the alarm or in case of some emergency calls.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I shut my phone down while charging and that's around 3 times a week. My phone deserves a rest so I make sure to shut it down especially during my idle hours when I don't expect someone to contact me. At night, I don't shut it down because I'll be needing to use the alarm or in case of some emergency calls.

It's resting while it's asleep no need to turn off.

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
I pondered that as well. I very rarely shut if down unless I am on a long flight and want to preserve battery for when I land.

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Due to the emergency notifications that the iPhone offers, I never shut mine off. I live in a country with a lot of earthquakes though.

Never want to know any alerts. If there is anything happening anytime especially at night me want to sleep during anything like that. All my alerts are toured off.

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Leave it on. Sometimes I'll plug it in to charge, depending on how low it is at bedtime.

I haven't turns off my phone in probably close to a decade (reboots don't count as it comes back on immediately). My cellphone is my only phone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711