Shut Down at Night or Leave on

wilber1

Trusted Member
May 13, 2013
Visit site
Just wondering how many people shut their iphone off at night while sleeping or leave it on 24/7 would there be any benefit to shut it down once in awhile .

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
You can't really never fully turn it off and keep it off. Unless you don't plug in.

Once you plug it in and it boot up.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
Also, if you have alarms set, it can turn on anyway because of the alarm, and just stay on.

For me, phones are always on. The only time I turn it off is when I'm restarting my phone. lol

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
My iPhone is literally never turned off unless I need to restart it or the battery dies.

I put it in airplane mode since leaving your phone next to you overnight ain't good - radiation apparently.

I don't think that really plays a part unless your iPhone is literally touching you. At least that's been my understanding. I have my phone in my pocket all day long anyway so I'm already in trouble.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Using Do Don't Disturb is the best way to not have your sleep interrupted and you can still allow important calls to come thru during the night.

There's no benefit to your device being turned off that I know of

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Using Do Don't Disturb is the best way to not have your sleep interrupted and you can still allow important calls to come thru during the night.

There's no benefit to your device being turned off that I know of

Might charge a little faster. Pretty much all there is of benefit.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711