Shut Down at Night or Leave on

ScottUrman

Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Mine's plugged in at night (and usually during the day at work too), not turned off. Airplane mode for actual airplanes or when I'm in the mountains out of cell range.

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
My iPhone always stays on, although I turn it onto its face at night (even the slightest light when I'm sleeping bothers me). I honestly don't get the point of turning off a cell phone.

rohan b

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
Nope! Never turn off my phone. I have been doing this since my first cellphone which was the Motorola CD930. But I do shutdown and reboot it once every two weeks or so.

Ticojpunk

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
During the week, I have my alarm on my phone. I throw it in airplane mode overnight and charge it. On weekend nights I often turn it off to avoid being woken in the morning by some random notification.

badelhas

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
Never off unless runs out of juice. Do not disturb on overnight while it charges.
That's a nice strategy. But I wished smartphone manufacturers would stop the super thin phones and would make them thicker but with a bigger battery. Most guys I know with smartphones which are medium users have to recharge more than once a day.

mark-d

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
That's a nice strategy. But I wished smartphone manufacturers would stop the super thin phones and would make them thicker but with a bigger battery. Most guys I know with smartphones which are medium users have to recharge more than once a day.

My day starts at 5.30 so I am one of those that has to have a top up charge during the day

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
But I wished smartphone manufacturers would stop the super thin phones and would make them thicker but with a bigger battery.

Me too! I've solved this with the smart battery case. I just don't worry about battery anymore. The phone is definitely heavier, though.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Never off unless runs out of juice. Do not disturb on overnight while it charges.

I need to charge more than once a day but I still do the same thing. Not sure what the correlation is? You can charge it without having to turn it off.

anon(10101748)

Dec 6, 2016
Visit site
iPhone 6s is work issued and I'm on call 24/7 so it stays powered on dock while I sleep. My personal iPhone 7 I will turn off occasionally when it's been repeated work shifts and I need to sleep but I make sure my family has my work number. I think if I had a landline I would be more prone to shut my personal off.

I don't believe there is a software benefit. Maybe for those who have phones 2-3 years but I change each year now.

G323q569

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm in the plug it in and leave it boat. I hardly ever **** mine down. Usually every couple of months I'll shut it off and then back on again.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711