Shut Down at Night or Leave on

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
I leave my phone on at all times while I am at home or out. I flip the vibrate switch at night so I don't wake up from a random email or text though. The only time my phone has no signal is when I put it in airplane mode at work. Unfortunately, were forbidden from having phones with us and the locker blocks signal so it's always searching. Too bad, guess it's time to find a job where I can keep my phone on me, lol.

I have email alerts turned off by default, and use the VIP option to enable email alerts only from specific contacts.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Leaving the phone on all the time that would make the phone get warm after awhile.

No they don't. My Galaxy Nexus is on, my Galaxy S4 is on, and my iPhone 6s is on. Both my Androids are also plugged in. None of my phones get warm.

If a phone is getting warm while being left on, then you're playing GPU intensive games, or there's a rogue app eating too much of the systems resources, a rogue app with crappy code, or the battery is going bad. Phones should never get warm from sitting on the counter while on or plugged in.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
No they don't. My Galaxy Nexus is on, my Galaxy S4 is on, and my iPhone 6s is on. Both my Androids are also plugged in. None of my phones get warm.

If a phone is getting warm while being left on, then you're playing GPU intensive games, or there's a rogue app eating too much of the systems resources, a rogue app with crappy code, or the battery is going bad. Phones should never get warm from sitting on the counter while on or plugged in.

Yeah my iPhone doesn't get warm unless I play graphic intensive games.

If you have a chip like the 810, your phone might get warm due to the processor having overheating issues.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711