I have had my iPhone 6s for 2 months. It will not charge at all. Help, what do I do?

I

iMore Question

I have had my iPhone 6s for 2 months. It will not charge at all. Help.

A message comes up about this may not be a certified device, etc. and is completely dead. I presume the battery may be dead but it is only about 2 months old.

Ricktye

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
Re: I have had my iPhone 6s for 2 months. It will not charge at all. Help.

A message comes up about this may not be a certified device, etc. and is completely dead. I presume the battery may be dead but it is only about 2 months old.

Are you using the cord and charger that came with it from Apple?

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Welcome to iMore!

If you are using the cord and charger that came with your phone and are still having issues charging your device, take the phone (box and everything) back to the Apple store along with your purchase receipt. They'll check the phone for you and exchange it for a new one if necessary.

comiken205

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
If you are not using an Apple cable to charge your phone you will get that message. I bout two large cables from Amazon. One popped that error up and wouldn't work on my device. The second one worked and I still use it today. I'm guessing that the cable is defective and, as a great company, Apple will not allow it to ruin your device!

Change the cable to the original Apple supplied cable and see if you keep getting the same error. If you do, then like other imorenites advised, go to the Apple store.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
If you are not using an Apple cable to charge your phone you will get that message.

This is not always the case. My fiance' uses a 3rd party charging cable (just a plain black cable he bought from Amazon) in his home office. There's never been any charging issues or errors while using the cable, and it charges the phone at the same rate as an Apple cable. However, it does not work with iTunes.

The 3rd party cable that I use (it's rose gold and matches my 6s) works with iTunes and charges my phone just fine. I've never had a single issue with it.

When using a 3rd party charging cable the mileage will always vary from person to person.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2