Carrier Update AT&T 24.2

donawalt

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I got the notification there was a carrier settings update to 24.2 today on my iPhone, my wife's iPhone did not get a notification, so in case you didn't know, there was a update to 24.2 today! Check Settings/General/About and the notification will pop up (it did on my wife's phone).

In case this is new to you:
What's a carrier update and why do I get them?

Wish I knew what it was for, I searched high and wide could not find anything on it. Please post here if you find anything!

Morac

Jan 31, 2010
Visit site
I updated my iPhone 6s Plus yesterday and now whenever my phone drops down to 4G from LTE, my speeds drop down to nothing (0.2 mbps). LTE speeds are fine, but 4g speeds are FUBARed.

Jackie1

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I want to downgrade too. After updating to 24.2, when I send a text now, many of my photos don't go through and same with videos, it's now sporadic and you have to tap to dowload them on the iphone, and also for outgoing and incoming texts now!!!

Will resetting network settings fix this? Again, i did not have these issues before the 24.2 update. The issues did start right after I did the update though. Has resetting fixes issues like this before? Not looking forward to losing all my wifi passwords when I do this reset. Let me know please.

Last edited:

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Cool, how do you like IOS 10? Is it as fast as before? Opening text mesages, reply, etc? You're on an iphone 6?

I'm a power user, and don't want it to slow stuff down.

6s. and, well, so far it's ok. There are things I like about it, and things I dont. As with any Beta, there are problems.. I sure can't wait till these all get resolved and app developers update their apps for iOS10.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Carrier Update AT&T 24.2

Cool, how do you like IOS 10? Is it as fast as before? Opening text mesages, reply, etc? You're on an iphone 6?

I'm a power user, and don't want it to slow stuff down.

iOS 10 runs snappy and fast on my iPhone 5S. Carrier T-Mobile 24.5.12

Last edited:

sammiet

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
How did you get the carrier update on iOS 10? I upgraded to the beta but couldn't send SMS messages; Apple help told me it was because AT&T's carrier settings don't support iOS 10 yet (or something), so I had to go back to 9. Any suggestions? I noticed they just did one last beta update but I can't find anywhere that tells me if AT&T will support it yet or if I have to wait five whole days until Wednesday.

andrea42782

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
How did you get the carrier update on iOS 10? I upgraded to the beta but couldn't send SMS messages; Apple help told me it was because AT&T's carrier settings don't support iOS 10 yet (or something), so I had to go back to 9. Any suggestions? I noticed they just did one last beta update but I can't find anywhere that tells me if AT&T will support it yet or if I have to wait five whole days until Wednesday.

Did you adjust your settings in settings--messages--turn on "send as SMS"?? I have At&T and iOS 10 and everything works. However a couple months ago I started having trouble with my network. I read in a forum it's an LTE thing. If you have LTE available and it's not strong...you are better off to disable it and you get better signal strength on 4g. I tried it yesterday and it totally worked!

sammiet

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
Yes, had SMS thing already turned on.

I updated to the real iOS 10 on Tuesday and had no problems at home, but did again yesterday at work; spent 90 minutes on the phone with AT&T support for them to tell me to do a full reset as new phone and start over. But when I got home, I could send messages to non iPhone people again so when I got to work today, I messed with my cellular settings and as long as I am on DATA ONLY for LTE, it works perfectly. The good thing is that I can still receive messages from non-iPhone people if I am on DATA & VOICE LTE so I can toggle it back when I need to send a message. I'm guessing it's a network thing with towers near my work! I'll call AT&T back when I have time. Ha.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2