I purchased a new 6s for son, I want to add device to apple id. How do I go about doing this? Thank you very much!!!
    06-09-2016 08:37 PM
    Welcome to iMore! You add devices to your Apple ID by signing in using your Apple ID on password on whatever device you want.
    What exactly are you trying to share with your son? You might want to use Family Sharing instead.
    http://www.apple.com/icloud/family-sharing/
    06-09-2016 09:43 PM
    Your son's device needs it's own Apple ID. He needs an email address and a password. Set it up just as you set up your device. You can share the same iTunes ID so to share purchases. But iCloud, iMessage and Facetime ID's should be different.
    Or you can do Family Sharing.
    Either way, you each need your own Apple ID. Sharing the same ID leads to problems. He will see your text messages and vice versa. Other issues too.
    Rob Phillips likes this.
    06-09-2016 09:47 PM
    Your son's device needs it's own Apple ID. He needs an email address and a password. Set it up just as you set up your device. You can share the same iTunes ID so to share purchases. But iCloud, iMessage and Facetime ID's should be different.
    Either way, you each need your own Apple ID. Sharing the same ID leads to problems. He will see your text messages and vice versa. Other issues too.
    TRUTH.
    06-09-2016 09:50 PM
    I fully support this message We've answered many posts from people wondering why their kids, spouses, etc. could read their text messages because they were sharing an Apple ID. Sharing iTunes is fine, but family sharing works well (and you can set it so you need to approve app downloads!)
    06-10-2016 05:53 PM