iPhone 6s accessories EVERYONE needs to own

akutch34

Trusted Member
Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
Wireless headphones. I never knew just HOW much more convenient they are. I've had Beats Solo (wired) for a few years... They were a Christmas gift and I've loved them. Very sturdy, great sound (for my taste) and they come in Hot Pink. What else could I ask for? I typically have a very difficult time finding earbuds that fit or stay in place in my ears. They almost always fall out as soon as I start moving or they end up hurting after 5 minutes.

Now that T-Mobile lets you put purchases on your bill as a payment plan, and with my history of good fortune with my Beats Solo, I figured I would give the Powerbeats Wireless2 a shot. I am absolutely in love. They are the only pair of ear buds I've found that actually stay put and are comfortable in my ear. The sound is almost exactly like my Solos and the wireless part makes them so much more convenient during workouts. The only thing I've noticed is of you use them to watch Netflix/a video, the audio relay is a tad delayed, but from what I've read, that's common with Bluetooth. I don't encounter this problem as I usually watch Netflix on tv and not a device. I would highly recommend trying Bluetooth headphones for the sheer convenience alone.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Wireless headphones. [...] and with my history of good fortune with my Beats Solo, I figured I would give the Powerbeats Wireless2 a shot. I am absolutely in love.

I will have to check those out. I rely on the Apple earbuds which sound fine to me and I use them for calls all the time. They do get snagged on stuff from time to time.

Not sure about the bracket around the ear on the Solo2. Maybe I get them somewhere with a good return policy and try them. :)

akutch34

Trusted Member
Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
I will have to check those out. I rely on the Apple earbuds which sound fine to me and I use them for calls all the time. They do get snagged on stuff from time to time.

Not sure about the bracket around the ear on the Solo2. Maybe I get them somewhere with a good return policy and try them. :)

Funny enough, that's the exact reason I like them. I need that bracket in order to keep them from falling out. I tried really hard to like the apple earbuds but they just don't fit and they hurt so badly to wear. I guess I've got small ears *shrug*

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Funny enough, that's the exact reason I like them. I need that bracket in order to keep them from falling out. I tried really hard to like the apple earbuds but they just don't fit and they hurt so badly to wear. I guess I've got small ears *shrug*

My wife has small ears and can't stand the EarPods either. They work great for me though!

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Not the first time I've heard someone say they're uncomfortable. For me they fit well and are a must-have!

dragontology

Apr 15, 2016
Visit site
A Flygrip. Even though the 6s is a modest 4.7" (coming from Android), I still like being able to reach all four corners. Also, it changes the way you hold your phone. I often walk holding my phone, or rather, the Flygrip holds my hand and my fingers hang free.

Here's my complete iPhone 6s accessory loadout:

1. Retro Apple logo sticker. Had to get this overseas, because apparently it's still copyrighted/trademarked. It's just the Apple logo from the 1980s and 1990s before the iMac, with the colored stripes. I never liked the new logo, so I put the old one on my phone.

2. dbrand Mahogany skin. The whole back, and sides, of my phone look like dark wood. With the old logo, it looks amazing.

3. Spigen case. It's clear, with hard plastic in back and rubber on the sides. Hides nothing. It's not so much for protection, as it is for keeping the Flygrip off the dbrand skin. I'm not sure they can be used together. I'm sure the Flygrip will stick to the skin, but I'm not sure the skin will stick to the phone as reliably as I need.

4. The Flygrip, of course.

5. Some tempered glass screen protector I got from Verizon.

Looking to add a Bluetooth speaker to the mix later this year.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
A Flygrip. Even though the 6s is a modest 4.7" (coming from Android), I still like being able to reach all four corners. Also, it changes the way you hold your phone. I often walk holding my phone, or rather, the Flygrip holds my hand and my fingers hang free.

How do you CARRY your phone, when not in use? Doesn't seem like it'll go in a pocket, and in the car doesn't look like it'd fit in a mount. I've seen similar, and while I can see the utility of them, the practical part isn't as obvious.

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
How do you CARRY your phone, when not in use? Doesn't seem like it'll go in a pocket, and in the car doesn't look like it'd fit in a mount. I've seen similar, and while I can see the utility of them, the practical part isn't as obvious.

I was just thinking the same thing. Looks useful, especially on the larger 6/6s Plus, but I carry my phone in my pocket and have it on a mount in my car and a dock at my desk at work. I don't see how it would work for me.

nathan_gura

May 5, 2016
Visit site
what comes in the box? like seriously I'm at a lost for words. You don't really "need" any of these accessories because they are just that. These things will be tuned to whoever they are marketed towards. I'm not going to recommend buying expensive headphones to someone who may or may not listen to a lot of music...seems pretty pointless right? same thing with recommending a case to people who like to use skins or just straight up nude with their phones.

Things I think are nice additions are the following.

1. A dock. A frivolous item sure, your only going to use it when your at home at most likely your desk or office area. I guess it's good for taking with you on trips as it's good to have on your nightstand, but finding uses for it is limited...lets just be real. Your buying a dock cuz you want your phone to look cool.

2. Protection. It could come in the form of a tempered glass screen protector, a skin, or a full on multi-part case. I think apple charges too much for any of their cases but the quality is there for those who care. I think a tempered glass screen protector is a must if your using those thin cases, if you go for an otterbox, your already good.

3. Battery management. Cables, chargers, battery cases and wireless charging and power banks are all thoughts people think of when it comes to this. I personally Think power banks are the better option since you can use that bank to charge more than just your phone, great for ipad users. You should opt out to get a better cord/cable tho. I'm sorry but apple's stock lightning cables suck...

4. Miscellaneous. Headphones, bluetooth speakers, controllers, etc. Do you need something better than those stock ear pods? Well I would suggest researching headphones in your budget that meet your needs. There are better and more affordable headphones than Beats. I personally use Sol Republic's Track HD headphones. Near Indestructible bands, and everything is modular and swap-able. so in the event a driver goes out or my cord gets damaged, I can order new ones without having to buy a new set of headphones.

Thank you, this thread is a joke. The only accessory EVERYONE needs to own is a cable to charge the phone.

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
C'mon man, lighten up :) Good to have you here!

For me, I always try new things. Mostly cases. A lot of the time I go 'naked' but do switch between Apple cases and 3rd party quite often. In fact, one of my favorites lately is the Speck Clear Candyshell Case. It's a little bulky, but combines some decent grip with solid protection.

yoshimiya08

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
what comes in the box? like seriously I'm at a lost for words. You don't really "need" any of these accessories because they are just that. These things will be tuned to whoever they are marketed towards. I'm not going to recommend buying expensive headphones to someone who may or may not listen to a lot of music...seems pretty pointless right? same thing with recommending a case to people who like to use skins or just straight up nude with their phones.

Things I think are nice additions are the following.

1. A dock. A frivolous item sure, your only going to use it when your at home at most likely your desk or office area. I guess it's good for taking with you on trips as it's good to have on your nightstand, but finding uses for it is limited...lets just be real. Your buying a dock cuz you want your phone to look cool.

2. Protection. It could come in the form of a tempered glass screen protector, a skin, or a full on multi-part case. I think apple charges too much for any of their cases but the quality is there for those who care. I think a tempered glass screen protector is a must if your using those thin cases, if you go for an otterbox, your already good.

3. Battery management. Cables, chargers, battery cases and wireless charging and power banks are all thoughts people think of when it comes to this. I personally Think power banks are the better option since you can use that bank to charge more than just your phone, great for ipad users. You should opt out to get a better cord/cable tho. I'm sorry but apple's stock lightning cables suck...

4. Miscellaneous. Headphones, bluetooth speakers, controllers, etc. Do you need something better than those stock ear pods? Well I would suggest researching headphones in your budget that meet your needs. There are better and more affordable headphones than Beats. I personally use Sol Republic's Track HD headphones. Near Indestructible bands, and everything is modular and swap-able. so in the event a driver goes out or my cord gets damaged, I can order new ones without having to buy a new set of headphones.

Haha I also hate cases I'm a nude phone user. The only accessory I'd buy is a battery pack and headphones for when I use Spotify for music.

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Thank you, this thread is a joke. The only accessory EVERYONE needs to own is a cable to charge the phone.

Accessories are a big part of how many of us use our devices. There's a reason Apple Stores have walls full of them and other retailers have entire sections devoted to device accessories.

Everyone has different needs, and accessories often help fulfill them. Try not to get so caught up on the title of the thread. We would love to hear about your favorite accessories, and that's pretty much what Rene was asking.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
.....The only accessory EVERYONE needs to own is a cable to charge the phone.
Agreed, but I can't dismiss the fact that due to work environments, clumsiness, recklessness, etcetera, some people may need more than just the charging cable. Know what I mean?

DriftSlave

May 22, 2016
Visit site
/Thread. 10/10 post. Thread should have been named differently since it seems to be a specific thread for a specific topic. my two cents.

Haha I also hate cases I'm a nude phone user. The only accessory I'd buy is a battery pack and headphones for when I use Spotify for music.
I respect this. I don't use a case for everything so I know where your coming from.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Amazon has several good ones... plus I've found some at Kroger and Walmart. I am very careful to make sure that the cloth is not treated with anything, and that it will not scratch surfaces and are scratch-free and lint-free!

I think that larger ones work best, and you can also use them for iPads. These are thicker and sturdier, and have two different sides.... one is finer. Here's a picture of the one I use:

IMG_7102.JPG

I also carry small ones in my purse or tech bag. These are a finer microfiber. I find them in optical departments and they are safe for eyewear, lenses and of course iPhones.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
My clear/white one turned a faint shade of blue from my jeans (2x week wear). Gave it to my step daughter and there's no chance you would know it was clear. Practically brown.

Here's the case now. She finally stopped using it. Gave it to her at the beginning of December and it has looked like this a while. Keep in mind she is HARD on things. The phone was bent within 3 months. Now she's caseless, but that's another post for a different thread

Stock:
Image1464550488.434031.jpg

Now:
Image1464550502.691151.jpg
Image1464550512.533145.jpg

Maybe a clear case was a bad idea!

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Kodiak Mfi certified lightning Charge-Data cable. It's nylon braided for strength and durability.

I also have a Kodiak cable and I love it. I think it's about 6 feet long which comes in handy if you want to use your iPhone or iPad while it's charging. I ended up buying one for my mom and one for my daughter because they were always " borrowing" mine!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox