iPhone 6s accessories EVERYONE needs to own

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
Hey folks!

I'm updating our list of most-awesome, must-own accessories for iPhone 6s and wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything great.

The list will included chargers, cases, photography gear, headsets, speakers?all the awesome things.

So, I'm super interested to know what everyone here thinks is the best of the best and the must of the must-haves (that is too a thing!)

Lemme know!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
For the best protection, I use Otterbox cases. They feel great, not as bulky as in years past, and provide optimal protection.
A flexible mini tripod. Most brands work ok. Mine has really come in handy.
Kodiak Mfi certified lightning Charge-Data cable. It's nylon braided for strength and durability.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Manfrotto TwistGrip mount with Pixi mini tripod and, of course, the Apple leather case.

Beats Solo2 wireless headphones get honorable mention. 😀

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
For those of you who do not have a mini Bluetooth speaker to connect with your iPhone 6S/6S Plus, the typical Bluetooth sound bar will suffice. My oldest son really liked my Bose Soundlink II Bluetooth speaker so I gave it to him. I was going to buy another one until I connected my iPhone to my Vizio Soundbar. The sound is excellent, in my opinion....:)

Last edited:

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Mophie Powerstation Plus. Nothing is worse than a low battery warning and no access to an outlet!

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I bought a Sunvito Solid Aluminum Metal Desktop Stand from Amazon to use at work. It says "E-Candy" on the back and it cost just under $8.00. I really like it and there's a cut out for the charging cable.

I also use a Yubi battery charger from time to time when I'm out an about. It's fantastic.

IMG_1517.JPG

As for cases, I have used the Otterbox Defender in the past, but it's too bulky. I'm currently using cases by both Speck and Ballistic. While the Ballistic cases seems to yellow, I find that I prefer the way it feels in my hand. It's got more grip, and it comes on and off easily.

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
I've used no other case that impressed me as much as the Apple Leather case since I had my iPhone 5, 5s, 6, and now my 6s. It fits great, is thin enough not to add bulk to the wonderful slim build of the device (as most if not all other cases do), has a leather that softens & develops a real "patina" over time so it feels great in the hand...and is amazingly protective from all but drops from really high levels.

I would love to recommend a tempered glass screen protector, but I have yet to find one that fits the unique curvature of the 6s's edges (they are different than those of the 6 I've been told) without coming coming unglued and creating the dreaded "halo effect". I have to recommend the ZAGG Glass case-friendly product only because it fits as good or better than anything else available, and the ZAGG replacement warranty and customer care is the best in the industry. They will replace any of their products for basically any reason for only the cost of shipping...for dang near forever! You have to love that.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Bose SoundLink Mini II BT speaker, Apple Leather cases, & Sonix cases.

Edit: Can't forget my Moshi 10ft Lightening Cable. I think everyone needs a long sturdy cable. I've had this one for a few years now with no issues.

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
Bose SoundLink Mini II BT speaker, Apple Leather cases, & Sonix cases.

Edit: Can't forget my Moshi 10ft Lightening Cable. I think everyone needs a long sturdy cable. I've had this one for a few years now with no issues.

Yep, got to either have a new-tech, much sturdier lightning cable than OEM...or a friend at Best Buy who can get you a discount, since the sad fact is that the Apple OEM ones are cheap garbage. Apple should really be ashamed.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I can't think of a single accessory that *everyone* needs - we're all different, and have different needs. But these are the ones that I know I don't want to be without:

Zagg HDX screen protector. Not so much for scratches, but to protect *me* from glass shards if I drop the phone and the glass shatters. I like the feel of the HDX, and it doesn't seem to leave as much finger "grease" as bare glass.

Tech 21 Impact Clear Case. Good protection, light and relatively thin, clear, and grippy. I also like the Apple Silicone case, but not as much as this.

For days when I run in the rain (or humid, sweaty, summer days), or I'm at the family summer lake house, I switch to the Lifeproof Nuud case. I tried the Fre, but I the integrated screen protector made touching the screen hit or miss. The Nuud works fine for me with the Zagg HDX on the display.

The Apple earbuds are ok for casual use, but I almost always use either Bose SoundSport earbuds or Plantronics Backbeat Fit BT earbuds. Both are relatively open so that when I am running outside, I still hear things around me. I generally use the BT earbuds with the Nuud case, because the Nuud's earbud connector doesn't always let the inline controls work.

I use both Amazon Basic and Anker Powerline+ lightning cables. Both lightning ends fit through the Nuud case opening. I do use the stock cable that came with the phone, but I'm pretty careful with it.

For those days when battery life isn't enough, and I won't be near a place to plug in, I switch to the Apple Smart Battery Case, or I use the Travelcard charger. Neither has huge capacity, but both give me more than enough to get through a heavy use day (or a day in poor mobile network signal areas, travel days, etc.)

To me, the best way to carry my phone in the car is the iOttie One Touch car dock. Their suction cup is like magic - it never releases from my dash.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I've used no other case that impressed me as much as the Apple Leather case since I had my iPhone 5, 5s, 6, and now my 6s. It fits great, is thin enough not to add bulk to the wonderful slim build of the device (as most if not all other cases do), has a leather that softens & develops a real "patina" over time so it feels great in the hand...and is amazingly protective from all but drops from really high levels.

I would love to recommend a tempered glass screen protector, but I have yet to find one that fits the unique curvature of the 6s's edges (they are different than those of the 6 I've been told) without coming coming unglued and creating the dreaded "halo effect". I have to recommend the ZAGG Glass case-friendly product only because it fits as good or better than anything else available, and the ZAGG replacement warranty and customer care is the best in the industry. They will replace any of their products for basically any reason for only the cost of shipping...for dang near forever! You have to love that.

I have also bought the Apple OEM leather case for my iPhone 5 and 6 series devices and also believe in putting the Zagg screen protector on the device. The leather case is slim, durable and easy to grip and adds a touch of class at the same time.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR