what comes in the box? like seriously I'm at a lost for words. You don't really "need" any of these accessories because they are just that. These things will be tuned to whoever they are marketed towards. I'm not going to recommend buying expensive headphones to someone who may or may not listen to a lot of music...seems pretty pointless right? same thing with recommending a case to people who like to use skins or just straight up nude with their phones.
    I think we all know that nobody NEEDS accessories, especially really expensive ones. OP was simply opening a discussion of users' favorite accessories. Price is irrelevant.

That being said, you had some good suggestions.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    05-23-2016 06:28 AM
    Bose SoundLink Mini II BT speaker, Apple Leather cases, & Sonix cases.

Edit: Can't forget my Moshi 10ft Lightening Cable. I think everyone needs a long sturdy cable. I've had this one for a few years now with no issues.
    Nikki, do you use your phone while it's charging when using the Moshi cable?
    05-23-2016 09:02 AM
    I've been curious about this case. I really like the looks of a clear case, but so many of them tend to yellow. Have you noticed this with the tech21 case?
    05-23-2016 09:16 AM
    I've been curious about this case. I really like the looks of a clear case, but so many of them tend to yellow. Have you noticed this with the tech21 case?
    My clear/white one turned a faint shade of blue from my jeans (2x week wear). Gave it to my step daughter and there's no chance you would know it was clear. Practically brown.
    Rob Phillips likes this.
    05-23-2016 01:46 PM
    Oh that's too bad (but good to know)!
    05-23-2016 02:19 PM
    Nikki, do you use your phone while it's charging when using the Moshi cable?
    Sometimes I do & it still charges fast. It also doesn't get very hot.
    05-23-2016 02:36 PM
    I think we all know that nobody NEEDS accessories, especially really expensive ones. OP was simply opening a discussion of users' favorite accessories. Price is irrelevant.

That being said, you had some good suggestions.
    That's not necessarily true and it's dishonest to say so. People more often than not, are led to believe that a more expensive product is a higher quality one. Which isn't true for the most part. Price is relevant from my perspective, which is why I mentioned that users should research any product before buying. <- Seems like common sense but you'd be amazed by the number of people who just don't bother.

On another note, I appreciate that you liked some of my suggestions.
    05-23-2016 03:24 PM
    That's not necessarily true and it's dishonest to say so. People more often than not, are led to believe that a more expensive product is a higher quality one. Which isn't true for the most part. Price is relevant from my perspective, which is why I mentioned that users should research any product before buying. <- Seems like common sense but you'd be amazed by the number of people who just don't bother.

On another note, I appreciate that you liked some of my suggestions.
    I said nothing dishonest in my post. Perhaps you should go back and read it again. We are a polite, respectful community that is always open to hear someone's opinions even when they don't match our own. I really don't appreciate being called dishonest just because my opinion is different than yours.
    05-23-2016 03:31 PM
    Sometimes I do & it still charges fast. It also doesn't get very hot.
    A few years is a long time for a cable. Mine are lucky to go 6 months. But I use them lot while charging.
    05-23-2016 04:09 PM
    A few years is a long time for a cable. Mine are lucky to go 6 months. But I use them lot while charging.
    Well I have never thought of cables getting old and wearing out! It's a good thing I just ordered another one from Amazon (thanks to recommendations on this thread!)
    05-23-2016 04:24 PM
    The Tech 21 Impact Clear case? I bought it 3 months ago. It hasn't yellowed any that I have noticed.
    05-23-2016 05:01 PM
    Well I have never thought of cables getting old and wearing out! It's a good thing I just ordered another one from Amazon (thanks to recommendations on this thread!)
    Led is a lightning cable assassin. I think I've ruined one iPhone cable in six years, and my kids use them too!
    akutch34 likes this.
    05-23-2016 05:20 PM
    Led is a lightning cable assassin. I think I've ruined one iPhone cable in six years, and my kids use them too!
    Mine tend to break (insulation) near the Lightning connector. Bit of electrical tape and they're fine
    05-23-2016 06:03 PM
    It seems that the cables we leave in both of our vehicles wear out the fastest. Maybe due to extreme temps in both winter and summer, plus UV rays... I've seen these Tudia Klip protectors on thegrommet.com that were designed specifically for Apple Lightning cables. They aren't expensive and I may give them a whirl!
    05-24-2016 08:39 AM
    Excellent thread. I really got some good ideas so far and I would like to add that although I have several  Leather and Silicone cases, I also think having a "heavy" duty protective case is a must. Something along the lines of a Otterbox Defender, LifeProof Fre or Nudd, Spigen Tough Armor just to name a couple for those times when you're out and about in "rough terrain". I gives me a sense of security knowing that my iPhone could withstand a little more.
    I agree here. I main the Apple Silicone (white) and the Apple Leather (saddle brown) cases most of the time. But, in the summer I go to the beach quite frequently and am also very active outdoors with biking and hiking. I'm very happy to have my Lifeproof Fre for these times. It has saved me on more than one occasion.
    Rob Phillips likes this.
    05-24-2016 09:23 AM
    Wireless headphones. I never knew just HOW much more convenient they are. I've had Beats Solo (wired) for a few years... They were a Christmas gift and I've loved them. Very sturdy, great sound (for my taste) and they come in Hot Pink. What else could I ask for? I typically have a very difficult time finding earbuds that fit or stay in place in my ears. They almost always fall out as soon as I start moving or they end up hurting after 5 minutes.

Now that T-Mobile lets you put purchases on your bill as a payment plan, and with my history of good fortune with my Beats Solo, I figured I would give the Powerbeats Wireless2 a shot. I am absolutely in love. They are the only pair of ear buds I've found that actually stay put and are comfortable in my ear. The sound is almost exactly like my Solos and the wireless part makes them so much more convenient during workouts. The only thing I've noticed is of you use them to watch Netflix/a video, the audio relay is a tad delayed, but from what I've read, that's common with Bluetooth. I don't encounter this problem as I usually watch Netflix on tv and not a device. I would highly recommend trying Bluetooth headphones for the sheer convenience alone.
    Annie_i6s likes this.
    05-24-2016 09:33 AM
    Wireless headphones. [...] and with my history of good fortune with my Beats Solo, I figured I would give the Powerbeats Wireless2 a shot. I am absolutely in love.
    I will have to check those out. I rely on the Apple earbuds which sound fine to me and I use them for calls all the time. They do get snagged on stuff from time to time.

Not sure about the bracket around the ear on the Solo2. Maybe I get them somewhere with a good return policy and try them.
    05-24-2016 08:18 PM
    I will have to check those out. I rely on the Apple earbuds which sound fine to me and I use them for calls all the time. They do get snagged on stuff from time to time.

Not sure about the bracket around the ear on the Solo2. Maybe I get them somewhere with a good return policy and try them.
    Funny enough, that's the exact reason I like them. I need that bracket in order to keep them from falling out. I tried really hard to like the apple earbuds but they just don't fit and they hurt so badly to wear. I guess I've got small ears *shrug*
    05-24-2016 09:56 PM
    Funny enough, that's the exact reason I like them. I need that bracket in order to keep them from falling out. I tried really hard to like the apple earbuds but they just don't fit and they hurt so badly to wear. I guess I've got small ears *shrug*
    My wife has small ears and can't stand the EarPods either. They work great for me though!
    akutch34 likes this.
    05-24-2016 09:59 PM
    Not the first time I've heard someone say they're uncomfortable. For me they fit well and are a must-have!
    akutch34 likes this.
    05-24-2016 10:01 PM
    A Flygrip. Even though the 6s is a modest 4.7" (coming from Android), I still like being able to reach all four corners. Also, it changes the way you hold your phone. I often walk holding my phone, or rather, the Flygrip holds my hand and my fingers hang free.

Here's my complete iPhone 6s accessory loadout:

1. Retro Apple logo sticker. Had to get this overseas, because apparently it's still copyrighted/trademarked. It's just the Apple logo from the 1980s and 1990s before the iMac, with the colored stripes. I never liked the new logo, so I put the old one on my phone.

2. dbrand Mahogany skin. The whole back, and sides, of my phone look like dark wood. With the old logo, it looks amazing.

3. Spigen case. It's clear, with hard plastic in back and rubber on the sides. Hides nothing. It's not so much for protection, as it is for keeping the Flygrip off the dbrand skin. I'm not sure they can be used together. I'm sure the Flygrip will stick to the skin, but I'm not sure the skin will stick to the phone as reliably as I need.

4. The Flygrip, of course.

5. Some tempered glass screen protector I got from Verizon.

Looking to add a Bluetooth speaker to the mix later this year.
    05-25-2016 12:40 AM
    A Flygrip. Even though the 6s is a modest 4.7" (coming from Android), I still like being able to reach all four corners. Also, it changes the way you hold your phone. I often walk holding my phone, or rather, the Flygrip holds my hand and my fingers hang free.
    How do you CARRY your phone, when not in use? Doesn't seem like it'll go in a pocket, and in the car doesn't look like it'd fit in a mount. I've seen similar, and while I can see the utility of them, the practical part isn't as obvious.
    05-25-2016 05:39 AM
    Iphone 6s lcd touch screen do you like it?

From mobile phone repair parts supplier iPhone LCD Display,iPhone 6 LCD Replacement,HCQS
    05-25-2016 05:46 AM
    How do you CARRY your phone, when not in use? Doesn't seem like it'll go in a pocket, and in the car doesn't look like it'd fit in a mount. I've seen similar, and while I can see the utility of them, the practical part isn't as obvious.
    I was just thinking the same thing. Looks useful, especially on the larger 6/6s Plus, but I carry my phone in my pocket and have it on a mount in my car and a dock at my desk at work. I don't see how it would work for me.
    05-25-2016 07:45 AM
    what comes in the box? like seriously I'm at a lost for words. You don't really "need" any of these accessories because they are just that. These things will be tuned to whoever they are marketed towards. I'm not going to recommend buying expensive headphones to someone who may or may not listen to a lot of music...seems pretty pointless right? same thing with recommending a case to people who like to use skins or just straight up nude with their phones.

Things I think are nice additions are the following.

1. A dock. A frivolous item sure, your only going to use it when your at home at most likely your desk or office area. I guess it's good for taking with you on trips as it's good to have on your nightstand, but finding uses for it is limited...lets just be real. Your buying a dock cuz you want your phone to look cool.

2. Protection. It could come in the form of a tempered glass screen protector, a skin, or a full on multi-part case. I think apple charges too much for any of their cases but the quality is there for those who care. I think a tempered glass screen protector is a must if your using those thin cases, if you go for an otterbox, your already good.

3. Battery management. Cables, chargers, battery cases and wireless charging and power banks are all thoughts people think of when it comes to this. I personally Think power banks are the better option since you can use that bank to charge more than just your phone, great for ipad users. You should opt out to get a better cord/cable tho. I'm sorry but apple's stock lightning cables suck...

4. Miscellaneous. Headphones, bluetooth speakers, controllers, etc. Do you need something better than those stock ear pods? Well I would suggest researching headphones in your budget that meet your needs. There are better and more affordable headphones than Beats. I personally use Sol Republic's Track HD headphones. Near Indestructible bands, and everything is modular and swap-able. so in the event a driver goes out or my cord gets damaged, I can order new ones without having to buy a new set of headphones.
    Thank you, this thread is a joke. The only accessory EVERYONE needs to own is a cable to charge the phone.
    05-25-2016 09:53 AM
68 123