I bought it a week ago, it has TSMC:

What do you think?
    I've read a lot about uneven screens among the 6S and just want your opinion about mine..
    05-02-2016 11:43 AM

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...a4a72a458b.jpg

What do you think?
    I've read a lot about uneven screens among the 6S and just want your opinion about mine..
    I personally have never seen that on my device or on the iMore forums. May I suggest a device reset, and if that doesn't work, make a appointment with Apple.
    05-02-2016 11:46 AM
    Do you see it uneven?
    05-02-2016 03:42 PM
    Do you see it uneven?
    I don't see it. How is it uneven?
    05-02-2016 04:07 PM
    Do you see it uneven?
    I sure do not.
    05-02-2016 04:47 PM
    I don't see it as uneven. Do you have Night Shift on?
    Last edited by scruffypig; 05-05-2016 at 08:36 AM.
    05-04-2016 01:22 PM
    No, this is with Night Shift off.
    05-04-2016 06:24 PM
    Looks fine to me.
    05-05-2016 05:28 PM
    Looks fine to me. I don't know what the processor would have to do with the dispay but ok. If you feel like there is something wrong with your screen take it back to Apple and try again with another model. No screen is perfect but Apple uses very good screens. I don't see why you would have a display with uneven lighting unless you got a defective model.
    05-07-2016 09:43 PM
    Do you see it uneven?
    No I don't. Are you trying to over dissect your phone looking for a problem?
    05-08-2016 11:55 AM

What do you think?
    I see what you're talking about and I've seen it on every apple screen I've owned from the 4 to the 6S. It's not quite "uneven" but not quite "even" either. I've just has to get used to it and forget about it. And trust me, it's a tough one to overlook, but the overall phone experience is worth it.
    mirbg likes this.
    05-08-2016 12:21 PM
    I see what you're talking about and I've seen it on every apple screen I've owned from the 4 to the 6S. It's not quite "uneven" but not quite "even" either. I've just has to get used to it and forget about it. And trust me, it's a tough one to overlook, but the overall phone experience is worth it.
    If you see it, explain it to the rest of us. I don't see a thing.
    05-08-2016 05:18 PM
    If you see it, explain it to the rest of us. I don't see a thing.
    Is a little tough to explain, but I consistently see the top of the screen as darker than the rest of the display. It's something others only notice when I point it out, and even then it's only really noticeable on a white or grey image.
    05-08-2016 11:13 PM
    Is a little tough to explain, but I consistently see the top of the screen as darker than the rest of the display. It's something others only notice when I point it out, and even then it's only really noticeable on a white or grey image.
    Lol. Umm. I have better than 20/20 vision and that screen can't be more even. Sorry man
    05-09-2016 07:28 AM
    Apple does make the top part of the screen a bit darker. That's so on the lock screen the time and date stand out more. Or "pop". It makes light colored wallpapers look bad. But I don't even see that in the screenshot provided. The coloring seems to have improved recently. I don't see as much darkening as I used to. The text time/date is supposed to change from white to black when a light colored wallpaper is used. But it hasn't worked all that well until iOS 9. It has improved. But when a light wallpaper was used, rather than it change to black text, it would darken the screen so the white text could be seen better. I just did testing, and didn't see any darkening. They apparently have done a better job with changing the text color with the wallpaper color. The OP may still see this screen darkening.
    JanuarJaguar likes this.
    05-09-2016 09:01 AM
    Apple does make the top part of the screen a bit darker. That's so on the lock screen the time and date stand out more. Or "pop". It makes light colored wallpapers look bad. But I don't even see that in the screenshot provided. The coloring seems to have improved recently. I don't see as much darkening as I used to. The text time/date is supposed to change from white to black when a light colored wallpaper is used. But it hasn't worked all that well until iOS 9. It has improved. But when a light wallpaper was used, rather than it change to black text, it would darken the screen so the white text could be seen better. I just did testing, and didn't see any darkening. They apparently have done a better job with changing the text color with the wallpaper color. The OP may still see this screen darkening.
    That makes a lot of sense and the 6s doesn't show it nearly as much as the iPod Touch did. I've gotten used to it now and have no issues, it's just something new iPhone users coming from android or another platform will see immediately.
    05-09-2016 11:41 AM
    That makes a lot of sense and the 6s doesn't show it nearly as much as the iPod Touch did. I've gotten used to it now and have no issues, it's just something new iPhone users coming from android or another platform will see immediately.
    Here's some comparisons I did 2 years ago. I don't see it now.

05-09-2016 12:57 PM