Do you find this iPhone 6S' screen brightness even?

mirbg

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
I bought it a week ago, it has TSMC:

bec2c7bced160b25753b50a4a72a458b.jpg

What do you think?
I've read a lot about uneven screens among the 6S and just want your opinion about mine..

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

thebizz

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Looks fine to me. I don't know what the processor would have to do with the dispay but ok. If you feel like there is something wrong with your screen take it back to Apple and try again with another model. No screen is perfect but Apple uses very good screens. I don't see why you would have a display with uneven lighting unless you got a defective model.

Furt

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I bought it a week ago, it has TSMC:

What do you think?
I've read a lot about uneven screens among the 6S and just want your opinion about mine..

I see what you're talking about and I've seen it on every apple screen I've owned from the 4 to the 6S. It's not quite "uneven" but not quite "even" either. I've just has to get used to it and forget about it. And trust me, it's a tough one to overlook, but the overall phone experience is worth it.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I see what you're talking about and I've seen it on every apple screen I've owned from the 4 to the 6S. It's not quite "uneven" but not quite "even" either. I've just has to get used to it and forget about it. And trust me, it's a tough one to overlook, but the overall phone experience is worth it.

If you see it, explain it to the rest of us. I don't see a thing.

Furt

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
If you see it, explain it to the rest of us. I don't see a thing.

Is a little tough to explain, but I consistently see the top of the screen as darker than the rest of the display. It's something others only notice when I point it out, and even then it's only really noticeable on a white or grey image.

anon(5928073)

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Is a little tough to explain, but I consistently see the top of the screen as darker than the rest of the display. It's something others only notice when I point it out, and even then it's only really noticeable on a white or grey image.

Lol. Umm. I have better than 20/20 vision and that screen can't be more even. Sorry man

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Apple does make the top part of the screen a bit darker. That's so on the lock screen the time and date stand out more. Or "pop". It makes light colored wallpapers look bad. But I don't even see that in the screenshot provided. The coloring seems to have improved recently. I don't see as much darkening as I used to. The text time/date is supposed to change from white to black when a light colored wallpaper is used. But it hasn't worked all that well until iOS 9. It has improved. But when a light wallpaper was used, rather than it change to black text, it would darken the screen so the white text could be seen better. I just did testing, and didn't see any darkening. They apparently have done a better job with changing the text color with the wallpaper color. The OP may still see this screen darkening.

Furt

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Apple does make the top part of the screen a bit darker. That's so on the lock screen the time and date stand out more. Or "pop". It makes light colored wallpapers look bad. But I don't even see that in the screenshot provided. The coloring seems to have improved recently. I don't see as much darkening as I used to. The text time/date is supposed to change from white to black when a light colored wallpaper is used. But it hasn't worked all that well until iOS 9. It has improved. But when a light wallpaper was used, rather than it change to black text, it would darken the screen so the white text could be seen better. I just did testing, and didn't see any darkening. They apparently have done a better job with changing the text color with the wallpaper color. The OP may still see this screen darkening.

That makes a lot of sense and the 6s doesn't show it nearly as much as the iPod Touch did. I've gotten used to it now and have no issues, it's just something new iPhone users coming from android or another platform will see immediately.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
That makes a lot of sense and the 6s doesn't show it nearly as much as the iPod Touch did. I've gotten used to it now and have no issues, it's just something new iPhone users coming from android or another platform will see immediately.

Here's some comparisons I did 2 years ago. I don't see it now.
abac45b92119a8754d68c87ec49e3c0d.jpg

5722f24feefa95d0c0b1881ad004a593.jpg

da1fe8c3c3cb8f499da3257678856d6b.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox