Broken headphone jack :( how can I fix it?

I

iMore Question

Broken headphone jack :(

Hey Guys, two months ago I bought an iPhone 6s Space Grey 16GB from the US. I'm always very cautious about my phone. Yesterday I looked very closely at my headphone jack port it started to get a crack or something. It's getting worse day by day. I live in a country where Apples stores aren't available. Like they don't exist there. Someone from my family will be going to the US in a week. So he or she will be taking my phone with them. I'm very curious will Apple replace my headphone jack port or will the gave me a brand new phone or a refurbished one. My friend told me his refurbished iPhone didn't last long for him. I really don't want someone elses phone. I would rather pay extra for a newer one. Otherwise my phone doesn't have any dents or scuffs. Please reply ASAP. Give me your opinions will they change my phone or will they repair it.

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
Re: Broken headphone jack :(

A refurbished isn't "someone else's phone". It's like a brand new device.
I don't know if your iPhone is eligible for a warranty repair, because a jack broken seems to be accidental damage.

Darth Vader2

Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
But I've heard many people got their phones replaced with refurbished ones because apple doesn't want their customers to wait for a week they just give the phones that were previously owned by people that are now replaced. in like 5 minutes.

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
But I've heard many people got their phones replaced with refurbished ones because apple doesn't want their customers to wait for a week they just give the phones that were previously owned by people that are now replaced. in like 5 minutes.
it is a wrong assumption to think of refurbished units as "pre-owned" devices.
They actually are, in most of the cases, pre-owned, but their quality is just like new ones (or even better, since they are thoroughly tested).

Apple Certified Refurbished Products

Frequently Asked Questions:

(1) What are Apple Certified Refurbished Products?

Apple Certified Refurbished Products are pre-owned Apple products that undergo Apple's stringent refurbishment process prior to being offered for sale. While only some units are returned due to technical issues, all units undergo Apple's stringent quality refurbishment process.

Each Apple Certified Refurbished Product:

is fully tested (including full burn-in testing).
is refurbished with replacement parts for any defective modules identified in testing.
is put through a thorough cleaning process and inspection.
is repackaged (including appropriate manuals, cables, new boxes, etc.).
includes either the Mac OS originally shipped with the unit or, in some cases, a more recent version*.
is given a new refurbished part number and serial number.
is placed into a Final QA inspection prior to being added to sellable refurbished stock.
Refurbishment procedures follow the same basic technical guidelines as Apple's Finished Goods testing procedures.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Re: Broken headphone jack :(

Hey Guys, two months ago I bought an iPhone 6s Space Grey 16GB from the US. I'm always very cautious about my phone. Yesterday I looked very closely at my headphone jack port it started to get a crack or something. It's getting worse day by day. I live in a country where Apples stores aren't available. Like they don't exist there. Someone from my family will be going to the US in a week. So he or she will be taking my phone with them. I'm very curious will Apple replace my headphone jack port or will the gave me a brand new phone or a refurbished one. My friend told me his refurbished iPhone didn't last long for him. I really don't want someone elses phone. I would rather pay extra for a newer one. Otherwise my phone doesn't have any dents or scuffs. Please reply ASAP. Give me your opinions will they change my phone or will they repair it.

Take the phone in and talk to them. If they try to give you a refurbished device, be polite but firm in explaining you would rather have a new device. Of course this only holds merit as long as your phone is still under warranty. Check that to see what your rights are.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR