How can I stop Incoming calls from taking over the screen during a GPS navigation?

w00cash1020

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
Incoming call during GPS navigation.

Is there some option or maybe some app that when a call comes in during navigation it doesnt take over the screen ? On android I remember small window just came up with inc call info.

w00cash1020

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
Re: Incoming call during GPS navigation.

Yeah but that requires me to tap on the phone and I'd rather not do that while driving.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site

Is there some option or maybe some app that when a call comes in during navigation it doesnt take over the screen ? On android I remember small window just came up with inc call info.

Put the phone in DND mode while driving, and ensure that you are not allowing calls from Favorites while in that mode.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site

That way I won't be able to receive calls?

Well, you will receive calls you just won't see or hear them come in. You should see a missed call icon like normal. As long as you remember to take the phone out of DND mode (swipe up from the bottom of your screen and tap the little Moon to disable DnD) when you are done using GPS Navigation. If you forget, you'll see a little moon icon up by your battery indicator at the top of your screen.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site

Than I guess it can't be done.

What can't be done? Unless I misunderstood.... You asked how to prevent the calls from showing up over the top of your GPS maps. Using DND the way Lesteplin and I stated prevents the popup that you see when a call comes in. Thus, not interfering with your GPS maps while on the screen.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Do you watch the GPS non stop while driving? Why not just let the call complete. Just don't answer it if you don't want to! It won't ring long, then back to the GPS.

Chuck_IV

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site

Yea, this is one of a few things that I don't like with iOS. With android, as soon as you answered the call, if you were in another app, it would know and minimize the call screen to a small square in the corner of the screen and you could continue to view you other app without much interference. It doesn't seem like iOS has this feature. I'll have to try touching the scren to see if that will at least allow me to see the navigation when I an using it.

Don't get me wrong, I am loving my new 6s+ but this and a few other things surprised me when I found iOS doesn't do that(separate volume controls for different sound types is another that comes to mind).

w00cash1020

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site

What can't be done? Unless I misunderstood.... You asked how to prevent the calls from showing up over the top of your GPS maps. Using DND the way Lesteplin and I stated prevents the popup that you see when a call comes in. Thus, not interfering with your GPS maps while on the screen.

No no I asked if incoming calls during gps could pop up in a small window and not close the GPS.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods