I am shopping for one of the 2. Help
    03-31-2016 02:53 PM
    Welcome to iMore!

There really is no answer to give you. I can say the 6s is the most current of iPhones on the market, while the Samsung S6 is a little older. It really comes down to personal preference of which OS will best suit your needs. I have all Apple computers and devices, so the iPhone better suits my needs. It syncs well with all my equipment and just works well for me. And I have never had issues with an iPhone. Not to say that it will not work in a PC environment.

The Samsung S6 is a great phone as well and I have had the pleasure of owning a Samsung S5. But I did not care for the OS and it did not fit my needs. But that is only my opinion. Many people would not have anything but the Samsung. I never had any issues with my Samsung either.

My best suggestion would be to go and try them both out at a store. See which you like better. It is all about personal preferences when comparing such phones. Each has their pro's & con's. You will just need to weigh them against each other to make that decision.
    03-31-2016 03:07 PM
    I always say try the device out in store before you buy it then choose the one you prefer.
    MooMooPrincess and mrluky60 like this.
    03-31-2016 05:48 PM
    iPhone 6s, but of course I'm bias.
    bones467, MaxSmarties and erikbock like this.
    03-31-2016 07:32 PM
    All comes down to preference
    03-31-2016 07:47 PM
    I am shopping for one of the 2. Help
    I had a similar choice earlier this week and I chose the iPhone. There is nothing wrong with the s6 or android, it's a great platform. Honestly I like a lot of what Google has done with android. Truth be told the iPhone just works better for ME. That's what you need to look for the phone that works for You. I can tell you all the positives and negatives of each platform, but that would amount to nothing without knowing your situation and how you use your phone.
    04-03-2016 01:09 AM
    Do you prefer iOS or Android? If you prefer iOS get the 6s/6s Plus. If you want an Android device, get a Nexus 5X/6P
    bcandiolo and jayzero76 like this.
    04-03-2016 06:32 AM
    Well. Giving the fact that iPhones can be a bit famous for its logo, emojis, and facetime rather than its capabilities I'd go with the S6. Android has much to offer as far as Apps, and flexibility is concerned. No need to buy music on iTunes or go thru the hassle of putting music on there. This is coming from an ex iPhone 5s/6 Plus owner. iPhone is not really a good phone once reallllly scrutinized from the history of the company, the link with illuminati, etc. I cannot think of how many times I had notes and music randomly DELETED😡😡 Android would've still had them. Do your research. But its up to you in the end. I'd personally go for the S6.
    04-03-2016 07:00 AM
    The Samsung is a beautiful phone and I am seriously tempted by it, but I'm very nervous about moving away from the Apple family having owned Apple products from my first iMac maybe 15 years ago. This is how they suck you in!

Android has come on leaps and bounds, but I'd have to learn a new OS, go from Apple Music to Google, lose my Apple movies (or figure out how to transfer them). All hassle which means I'll probably go 6s/plus on the end.
    04-03-2016 08:02 AM
    Their is more of a learning curve on android. The flexibility of android can also be seen as a positive or negative. Android will allow you to do a lot more to set up your phone the way you want. But on the flip side of that you can end up having to do a lot more to squeeze good battery life out of a phone simply because their are a lot more options.
    04-03-2016 09:23 AM
    Lol. You come to an iOS/iPhone forum to ask that question!
    04-03-2016 09:41 AM
    "People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware."

This will not happen yet with Android, Apple uses half the hardware resources, and with a simple A9 CPU and 2Gb RAM will be faster than any Android phone, even with the IPhone SE than any other existing phone

Than makes them revolutionary, and much better than others.

My 6s is ugly but with a leather case it's OK. A waterproof S7 Edge might be nicer but that that's only a cosmetic advantage
    newsman787 likes this.
    04-03-2016 10:14 AM
    "There is no perfect smartphone, only the perfect smartphone for you!"
    elmit22 likes this.
    04-03-2016 10:16 AM
    Owning both I can easily say: the iPhone is better in EVERY aspect.
    I would buy an iPhone over a Samsung phone even if they offers me the Samsung for free
    04-03-2016 11:54 AM
    Android has come on leaps and bounds, but I'd have to learn a new OS, go from Apple Music to Google, lose my Apple movies (or figure out how to transfer them). All hassle which means I'll probably go 6s/plus on the end.
    Apple has a nice ("beta") client for Apple Music (if you mean the music service) on android, and transferring your own music to google play music on any computer from iTunes is trivial. But, you're right about the movies...
    04-03-2016 01:20 PM
    Well. Giving the fact that iPhones can be a bit famous for its logo, emojis, and facetime rather than its capabilities I'd go with the S6. Android has much to offer as far as Apps, and flexibility is concerned. No need to buy music on iTunes or go thru the hassle of putting music on there. This is coming from an ex iPhone 5s/6 Plus owner. iPhone is not really a good phone once reallllly scrutinized from the history of the company, the link with illuminati, etc. I cannot think of how many times I had notes and music randomly DELETED Android would've still had them. Do your research. But its up to you in the end. I'd personally go for the S6.
    you are confusing flexibility with chaos, fragmentation and inconsistency....
    04-03-2016 03:35 PM
    you are confusing flexibility with chaos, fragmentation and inconsistency....
    Wow chaos is a strong word fragmented and inconsistent android is. But then again everyone is different so to you android may be chaotic.
    04-03-2016 04:16 PM
    Nexus are the only Android devices one should consider buying, but then again you'll be tempted with a 4K screen, a great camera, and a lot of personalization options.
    The important thing in a smartphone are, best signal, snappy response, good battery life.
    Samsung is full of attractive features, but it is slow compared to the 6s or the iPhone SE, and battery life is poor, many people will have to fast re-charge it before the end of the day.
    Also most Android apps are poorly written and you'll end up using tools like Greenify to hibernate them.
    Only Nexus models will receive a software update on time.
    That's why iPhone's are much better phones than any Android's
    04-03-2016 05:23 PM
    Assuming you would want the 64GB version of the 6S, then at that price level you can get the 32GB version of the new GS7 and add an inexpensive SD card. These days, I think having a smartphone with wide compatibility across the many different wireless carriers is very important. In that regard, the iPhone 6S is far and away the better choice over anything Android these days. And I've been an Android and Samsung user for many years.
    04-03-2016 05:28 PM
    Wow chaos is a strong word fragmented and inconsistent android is. But then again everyone is different so to you android may be chaotic.
    Oh, I would use stronger words, if allowed , but I'm being polite

Btw android itself is barely acceptable. Android plus Touchwiz is a mess.
    bcandiolo and thebizz like this.
    04-03-2016 06:57 PM
    I like android as presented by nexus devices. Quick clean and very light. While I agree touchwiz is a mess it's also a mess a lot of people copy. Problem is that Samsung doesn't know how to present it.
    04-03-2016 10:12 PM
    I like android as presented by nexus devices. Quick clean and very light. While I agree touchwiz is a mess it's also a mess a lot of people copy. Problem is that Samsung doesn't know how to present it.

I love the Nexus phones, and still have my Galaxy Nexus and my s4 (it's Google that I have issues with, not Android). But the only experience i have with Touchwiz has been on our Galaxy Note 10.1... the only Android device I own that I've never rooted (it's a shared device). None of my Samsung phones came with Touchwiz. I would imagine having Touchwiz on a phone would be a huge pain in the ****, but for just looking up stuff on IMDB and the occasional web search I don't mind it on the Note. We don't do a lot or have a lot installed on the tablet so it runs extremely smooth even with Touchwiz. Otherwise it just sits on the coffee table.
    04-04-2016 08:28 AM
    Touchwiz is terrible and laggy.
    04-04-2016 09:27 AM
    I love the Nexus phones, and still have my Galaxy Nexus and my s4 (it's Google that I have issues with, not Android). But the only experience i have with Touchwiz has been on our Galaxy Note 10.1... the only Android device I own that I've never rooted (it's a shared device). None of my Samsung phones came with Touchwiz. I would imagine having Touchwiz on a phone would be a huge pain in the ****, but for just looking up stuff on IMDB and the occasional web search I don't mind it on the Note. We don't do a lot or have a lot installed on the tablet so it runs extremely smooth even with Touchwiz. Otherwise it just sits on the coffee table.
    I really like the tab s devices but ultimately I would go for the iPad because Samsung isn't very good about updating their tablets and somehow find a way to gimp them with processor choices. Especially given the iPad like prices.
    04-04-2016 05:38 PM
    New iPhone user, since December 2015, and here is my opinion.

iPhone= it works, simple, fantastic battery life, QUICK UPDATES TO OS, no fragmentation, did I mention OS Updates (inludes Unicode updates so you can get the latest and greatest emoji's), Yes there are some bad things about it as mentioned but I'm a half cup full kind of guy.

Android= Great screen, SuperAmoled!!!(but this leads to bad battery life. My wife and son have the S6 and bleh on battery), BLOATWARE!!! half of your storage goes to Samsung and Verizon apps!, updates to OS? Good Luck without buying a new device. My Note 4 fried in 12 months.

You do have the flexibility with Android that you don't have with Apple. But then again iPhone is a phone that works no need to tweak. Yes I wish I could install music without using iTunes or making my own ringtones right out of an app instead of iTunes. You can take the bad and good from each OS and make your decision because ultimately, you are the one spending the money on the device you will have for the next year, not us.

Good Luck with your decision.
    packgirl04, SR45, elmit22 and 2 others like this.
    04-04-2016 05:49 PM
103 123 ...