What is better? Samsung S6 or iPhone 6s?

pbike908

May 30, 2015
Visit site
Having switched from IOS to Android (Iphone 5 to Droid Turbo 2) I must say that Android is a solid operating system, but doesn't measure up to an Iphone. I was looking at the S7 the other day, and it is the most impressive Android phone that I've seen. However, I don't know if I will ever buy another Android device. Android probably wouldn't bother me so much if I hadn't come from IOS. Sure, one can't customize IOS as much as Android, but 90% of users don't want to that -- including me -- even though I have the technical ability to do so.

And the hardware quality of the Iphone is amazing. Having messed with personal computers since the TRS 80 Model III days I must say that my Iphone 5 was the BEST piece of technology -- total package -- that I ever owned. And I am sure the newer models are better.

fore569

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Its all about preference. I know some people that love their S6 and swear they would never get an iPhone. I personally have been using iPhones since I got my 4S, and I love iOS too much to switch to anything else. I love my 6s and the only way I would give up using it is if I get a 6s Plus or eventually a 7.

mattmatt299

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
If I was to get an Android phone I would get a Nexus, not a Samsung.
- Samsung is saddled with a lot of bloatware that fills up storage and slows it down. Even the S7 stutters noticeably and is nowhere nearly as smooth as the iPhone 6s.
- Only Nexus phones get timely updates. Although even Nexus devices have to wait weeks or months to get their updates from Google. Samsung is much worse.

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
- Samsung is saddled with a lot of bloatware that fills up storage and slows it down. Even the S7 stutters noticeably and is nowhere nearly as smooth as the iPhone 6s.
- Only Nexus phones get timely updates. Although even Nexus devices have to wait weeks or months to get their updates from Google. Samsung is much worse.
Absolutely agree.
If the iPhone wouldn't exist, I would buy a nexus or a Motorola (quite similar to vanilla android experience and timely updates).

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site

Yeah, I would get a Nexus over a Sammy too, specifically because of the whole "Touchwiz" vs 'vanilla'" thing.

Also a Nexus is totally the "middle road" between an iPhone and a Sammy in a lot of ways. It's leaner, cleaner and gets updates much faster than Samsung, but for better, and (---NOT--- "or") worse, and both, and neither...and other, it's still Android.

But to be fair, I do think Samsung is improving in the software area, and it's pretty hard to argue with their hardware itself - particularly those dazzling screens!!!

fightcrazy

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: What is better? Samsung S6 or Iphone 6s?

I own both the 6S & SGS7, my S7 is faster, better battery and the signal strength is much stronger on the S7. Not sure if it's Antena placement but big difference. The 6S is great device but the S7 is faster, just turn down the animation 1/2 way, easy on Android and it flies. Just My Opinion.

jayzero76

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
If someone comes in the store and asking for a phone, always ask what are you doing with your phone. You have a huge library of videos and music go buy an Android. ITunes isn't that good. Have to put the music to the computer and than organize . if you travel a lot and like to bring more videos than you have storage don't get an iPhone . with Android you easly can bring all on a USB stick...
If you have a lot friends with an iPhone or you work outside so you unable to charge your phone buy an iPhone

duke821

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
Re: What is better? Samsung S6 or Iphone 6s?

The iPhone 6S is better than the Galaxy S6 in almost every way. Battery life is superior, camera is about the same, although I've heard the S6 has a slight edge in low light. But iOS is superior to TouchWizzed Android and then there's superb Apple support. Most reports on the Galaxy S6's battery life have been quite negative (quite the hypocrisy after their obnoxious wall hugger commercials).
That being said, the Galaxy S7 is better than the iPhone 6S in many ways. But then in September Apple will do the leapfrog again and the tide will turn. They keep leapfrogging each other because they release their flagships about 6 months apart.

mayconvert

May 7, 2013
Visit site
lol you don't care what an android fan website said because it doesn't worship your beloved phone...
I have an S6, and it's way inferior to any iPhone I've owned. Same for my son's S5, same for my wife's former S4.... It's just Samsung's way to make phones: they just are not good as Apple.

The S7 faster than 6S ? In many benchmarks , I would say in almost all of them , it's quite the contrary:

View attachment 105204

View attachment 105205

View attachment 105206

View attachment 105207

View attachment 105208

View attachment 105209

but we know: you don't care about articles :biggrin: (but you apparently do care about amateurish YouTube videos)

and you are a complete ***** if you think benchmarks = real world usage.

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
and you are a complete ***** if you think benchmarks = real world usage.

sure sure .... benchmark counts only when Samsung cheated about that....

Speaking about real world usage, a Samsung device as usual halves its performance after 20 minutes of continuos usage:

S7EdgeChart-21.jpg

as usual, a device made to impress with a spec list and a single benchmarks, poorly optimized by Samsung.

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
Benchmarks are certainly not "useless", by any means. But it's also hard to take them as absolute "gospel" when there are so many factors that play in on them in the real world. Benchmarks, as I understand it, are also generally produced in an "idealized", or "optimized" scenario, and while the data itself is objective, it's hard to escape bias in the way it's presented. So, I think benchmarks are a great general guide, but not necessarily the final word.

I guess I'll probably remain pretty "agnostic" to which one actually is the better all around performer til I can spend some real time with the both of them. I mean, final performance, of course, is a confluence between hardware and software - chips AND salsa, and this contest is interesting in that I believe the one side has the better hardware, and I know that the other side has the better software. So, I really could very easily see the contest going either way.

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
benchmarks may not be the final word, but they surely pointed out how the S7, launched 6 months later, still isn't better than 6S when SoC is involved (the camera probably is).

thebizz

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Sadly no mobile soc can compete with the A9 right now when it comes to single core performance and performance per watt. Huawei came out with a decent chip that gets good cpu performance but gpu and memory bandwidth is low. they made those sacrifices to keep the tdp low. Both Samsung and Qualcomm get great cpu and gpu perforance. Sadly they both have a tdp to high for a phone. My hope for Qualcomm was that they would have gone wider than they did. Sadly everyone on the android side would rather pack in a lot of skinny weak cores rather than go for a wide beefy cores.

Ckm8Kng2

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
If someone comes in the store and asking for a phone, always ask what are you doing with your phone. You have a huge library of videos and music go buy an Android. ITunes isn't that good. Have to put the music to the computer and than organize . if you travel a lot and like to bring more videos than you have storage don't get an iPhone . with Android you easly can bring all on a USB stick...
If you have a lot friends with an iPhone or you work outside so you unable to charge your phone buy an iPhone

Have to put the music to computer and then organize??? I dont know what you mean there. How is music put on a galaxy? Isnt all your music you own already on your computer. How does a galaxy do it? It doesnt just appear on your phone? If you take a usb, you still had to load on usb from somewhere right? It didnt just magically appear on usb. Im not trolling, I just dont get what point you were trying to make.
You realize you dont need Itunes to put music or video on an Iphone right? Just one of many examples:
You can load things over the air through wifi to vlc player, dont need to use Itunes at all. Plays any format of video or music,podcast ,audio book, etc.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Have to put the music to computer and then organize??? I dont know what you mean there. How is music put on a galaxy? Isnt all your music you own already on your computer. How does a galaxy do it? It doesnt just appear on your phone? If you take a usb, you still had to load on usb from somewhere right? It didnt just magically appear on usb. Im not trolling, I just dont get what point you were trying to make.

It's easy to put music on an Android device. You just plug it in to a laptop/desktop and the rest is just click, drag, and done. No software needed.

You realize you dont need Itunes to put music or video on an Iphone right? Just one of many examples:
You can load things over the air through wifi to vlc player, dont need to use Itunes at all. Plays any format of video or music,podcast ,audio book, etc.

Not everyone has access to Wifi, VLC, or even Bluetooth for that matter. Some just have a laptop or desktop, and those may not have access to the Internet/WiFi.

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
Sadly no mobile soc can compete with the A9 right now when it comes to single core performance and performance per watt. Huawei came out with a decent chip that gets good cpu performance but gpu and memory bandwidth is low. they made those sacrifices to keep the tdp low. Both Samsung and Qualcomm get great cpu and gpu perforance. Sadly they both have a tdp to high for a phone. My hope for Qualcomm was that they would have gone wider than they did. Sadly everyone on the android side would rather pack in a lot of skinny weak cores rather than go for a wide beefy cores.
Sadly ? Sadly for who ? Android users ? :cool:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2