What is better? Samsung S6 or iPhone 6s?

I

iMore Question

What is better? Samsung S6 or Iphone 6s?

I am shopping for one of the 2. Help

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Re: What is better? Samsung S6 or Iphone 6s?

Welcome to iMore!

There really is no answer to give you. I can say the 6s is the most current of iPhones on the market, while the Samsung S6 is a little older. It really comes down to personal preference of which OS will best suit your needs. I have all Apple computers and devices, so the iPhone better suits my needs. It syncs well with all my equipment and just works well for me. And I have never had issues with an iPhone. Not to say that it will not work in a PC environment.

The Samsung S6 is a great phone as well and I have had the pleasure of owning a Samsung S5. But I did not care for the OS and it did not fit my needs. But that is only my opinion. Many people would not have anything but the Samsung. I never had any issues with my Samsung either.

My best suggestion would be to go and try them both out at a store. See which you like better. It is all about personal preferences when comparing such phones. Each has their pro's & con's. You will just need to weigh them against each other to make that decision.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

I always say try the device out in store before you buy it then choose the one you prefer.

thebizz

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

I am shopping for one of the 2. Help
I had a similar choice earlier this week and I chose the iPhone. There is nothing wrong with the s6 or android, it's a great platform. Honestly I like a lot of what Google has done with android. Truth be told the iPhone just works better for ME. That's what you need to look for the phone that works for You. I can tell you all the positives and negatives of each platform, but that would amount to nothing without knowing your situation and how you use your phone.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

Do you prefer iOS or Android? If you prefer iOS get the 6s/6s Plus. If you want an Android device, get a Nexus 5X/6P

artisticfinerthings

Apr 2, 2016
Visit site

Well. Giving the fact that iPhones can be a bit famous for its logo, emojis, and facetime rather than its capabilities I'd go with the S6. Android has much to offer as far as Apps, and flexibility is concerned. No need to buy music on iTunes or go thru the hassle of putting music on there. This is coming from an ex iPhone 5s/6 Plus owner. iPhone is not really a good phone once reallllly scrutinized from the history of the company, the link with illuminati, etc. I cannot think of how many times I had notes and music randomly DELETED😡😡 Android would've still had them. Do your research. But its up to you in the end. I'd personally go for the S6.

paule23

Apr 3, 2016
Visit site

The Samsung is a beautiful phone and I am seriously tempted by it, but I'm very nervous about moving away from the Apple family having owned Apple products from my first iMac maybe 15 years ago. This is how they suck you in!

Android has come on leaps and bounds, but I'd have to learn a new OS, go from Apple Music to Google, lose my Apple movies (or figure out how to transfer them). All hassle which means I'll probably go 6s/plus on the end.

thebizz

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Their is more of a learning curve on android. The flexibility of android can also be seen as a positive or negative. Android will allow you to do a lot more to set up your phone the way you want. But on the flip side of that you can end up having to do a lot more to squeeze good battery life out of a phone simply because their are a lot more options.

bcandiolo

Jan 17, 2016
Visit site

"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware."

This will not happen yet with Android, Apple uses half the hardware resources, and with a simple A9 CPU and 2Gb RAM will be faster than any Android phone, even with the IPhone SE than any other existing phone

Than makes them revolutionary, and much better than others.

My 6s is ugly but with a leather case it's OK. A waterproof S7 Edge might be nicer but that that's only a cosmetic advantage

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
Owning both I can easily say: the iPhone is better in EVERY aspect.
I would buy an iPhone over a Samsung phone even if they offers me the Samsung for free

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site

Android has come on leaps and bounds, but I'd have to learn a new OS, go from Apple Music to Google, lose my Apple movies (or figure out how to transfer them). All hassle which means I'll probably go 6s/plus on the end.

Apple has a nice ("beta") client for Apple Music (if you mean the music service) on android, and transferring your own music to google play music on any computer from iTunes is trivial. But, you're right about the movies...

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site

Well. Giving the fact that iPhones can be a bit famous for its logo, emojis, and facetime rather than its capabilities I'd go with the S6. Android has much to offer as far as Apps, and flexibility is concerned. No need to buy music on iTunes or go thru the hassle of putting music on there. This is coming from an ex iPhone 5s/6 Plus owner. iPhone is not really a good phone once reallllly scrutinized from the history of the company, the link with illuminati, etc. I cannot think of how many times I had notes and music randomly DELETED���� Android would've still had them. Do your research. But its up to you in the end. I'd personally go for the S6.
you are confusing flexibility with chaos, fragmentation and inconsistency....

bcandiolo

Jan 17, 2016
Visit site

Nexus are the only Android devices one should consider buying, but then again you'll be tempted with a 4K screen, a great camera, and a lot of personalization options.
The important thing in a smartphone are, best signal, snappy response, good battery life.
Samsung is full of attractive features, but it is slow compared to the 6s or the iPhone SE, and battery life is poor, many people will have to fast re-charge it before the end of the day.
Also most Android apps are poorly written and you'll end up using tools like Greenify to hibernate them.
Only Nexus models will receive a software update on time.
That's why iPhone's are much better phones than any Android's

Sgooter

Jan 22, 2016
Visit site
Assuming you would want the 64GB version of the 6S, then at that price level you can get the 32GB version of the new GS7 and add an inexpensive SD card. These days, I think having a smartphone with wide compatibility across the many different wireless carriers is very important. In that regard, the iPhone 6S is far and away the better choice over anything Android these days. And I've been an Android and Samsung user for many years.

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
Wow chaos is a strong word fragmented and inconsistent android is. But then again everyone is different so to you android may be chaotic.
Oh, I would use stronger words, if allowed , but I'm being polite ;)

Btw android itself is barely acceptable. Android plus Touchwiz is a mess.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW