Music Volume Question

akutch34

Trusted Member
Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
When I listen to music on my 6s (using Apple Music) different songs play at different volumes... Sometimes they're super low and I have to crank up the volume, but then the next song will be blaring and I'll have to turn it down a lot. Is there any setting that would level out the difference between sound levels in songs?

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
When I listen to music on my 6s (using Apple Music) different songs play at different volumes... Sometimes they're super low and I have to crank up the volume, but then the next song will be blaring and I'll have to turn it down a lot. Is there any setting that would level out the difference between sound levels in songs?

I notice this all the time and I believe the music setting shown in the included screenshot is supposed to remedy the problem but it still seems like I notice it even with sound check enabled

fcb9adc4c7cf451bbb8868a54c99c041.jpg

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site

It's called replay gain (volume leveling), and iOS does a very poor job of this. We run all of our mp3's through Foobar (free software) and set the replay gain with that first before using them with media streaming software like Sonos (also, no replay gain), or in this case using them on the iPhone.

akutch34

Trusted Member
Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
It's called replay gain (volume leveling), and iOS does a very poor job of this. We run all of our mp3's through Foobar (free software) and set the replay gain with that first before using them with media streaming software like Sonos (also, no replay gain), or in this case using them on the iPhone.

Sounds very confusing! Guessing there's no simple fix for this problem then?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR