Create a gmail account and add all of your contacts there. Then each of you add that gmail account to your phone. Any time one of you edits the contacts in that gmail account it should sync with all parties using that gmail account. Of course you would only be using it for sharing contacts, and not using it for emails.
    I think this is the best available solution for now
    Sherry_B likes this.
    04-19-2016 03:49 AM
    This is still an incomplete solution. While you can delegate a gmail account to another, you cannot delegate contacts from one gmail account to another. If I moved all of our shared contacts to a second gmail account, I would lose access to the contact information within my regular gmail account in the web interface, where I do most of my email work. If I copied them over so they are in both accounts, then I am back to managing two sets of duplicate contacts.

As I said, the real solution would be the ability to share a set of contacts similarly to sharing calendars.
    Apparently your only solution does not exist. Others have offered different solutions which are not satisfactory. It seems at this time there is no solution to your problem other than for your wife to learn to be a bit more technical.
    Sherry_B likes this.
    04-19-2016 08:36 PM
    Apparently your only solution does not exist. Others have offered different solutions which are not satisfactory. It seems at this time there is no solution to your problem other than for your wife to learn to be a bit more technical.
    Yes, I know that. But wouldn't it be nice if it was easier to do something like this?
    04-19-2016 08:56 PM
    Does updating contacts happen so frequently that you cannot sit with your wife when it happens and help her click on the contact card that you send her and update the contact on her device?
    Sherry_B likes this.
    04-19-2016 10:10 PM
    Does updating contacts happen so frequently that you cannot sit with your wife when it happens and help her click on the contact card that you send her and update the contact on her device?
    As I said from the beginning, responding to a post that said if you share Apple IDs that you'd end up with a problem later on splitting them up into separate Apple IDs after sharing contacts - actually, that'd be nice, for a family to share contacts. It's not a huge deal - but, like a shared family calendar, it would be nice to have.
    04-19-2016 11:09 PM
    As I said from the beginning, responding to a post that said if you share Apple IDs that you'd end up with a problem later on splitting them up into separate Apple IDs after sharing contacts - actually, that'd be nice, for a family to share contacts. It's not a huge deal - but, like a shared family calendar, it would be nice to have.

I think what SwitchBeach means is you sharing a vCard with your wife of a new contact, and teaching her how to add it to her contacts on her own.
    SwitchBeach likes this.
    04-20-2016 02:09 AM
    I think what SwitchBeach means is you sharing a vCard with your wife of a new contact, and teaching her how to add it to her contacts on her own.
    Exactly.
    04-20-2016 06:12 PM
32 12