Better battery life on 9.3 for your 6s?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
My wife (6s) and I (6s Plus) seem to be fairing around the same. Nothing too exciting in either direction.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Mine seems to of gone backwards, even though I did a clean install (factory reset) of 9.3 after running the beta.

I've even noticed a bug in the battery section of the Settings. The "Time Since Last Full Charge" section will sometimes have "---" for both Usage and Standby (after a full charge), and it'll be like that all day. FWIW I never had the bug where the Usage and Standby times were the same.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
My battery life has become worse since I downloaded 9.3. Not sure why yet. I've done everything possible except a factory reset. Not to happy that I might have to do that.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
OK, so I remembered a method I got from another member a couple of years ago and decided to try it again since it worked on my 5s.

I allowed my battery to drain to zero and turn off by itself. I left my iPhone on the charger overnight without messing with it. I removed it at approximately 7AM with 100% battery juice and six hours later with none stop use and several long phone conversations I'm at 66%. That's acceptable in my book. Maybe I won't have to do a factory reset after all.

bones467

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
My battery doesn't last the day (but me playing crossy road a lot might have something to do with it) but in general usage haven't noticed any change!! iPhones are always good on battery

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
I'm always very skeptical about changes in battery life related to software versions, in better or in worse. Usually it's somethings else to influence battery life: a network issue, a misbehaving app, wrong settings.
For what it counts, iOS 9.3 didn't change any of my iDevices.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner