How can I remove a device from the Apple Health app?

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know how to do this? I have multiple date sources that I no longer use including a 2nd instance of my apple watch that I'd like to remove.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
How to remove a device from the Apple Health app

Great question, but one I don't think I can answer because I’ve had my Watch for almost a full year and yet, I don't have multiple instances of it appearing in the Sources section of the Health app. Then again, I've restored my iPhone and set it up as new a few times. I hardly ever restore from a backup. Having said that, I *assume* either un-pairing your Watch from your iPhone or setting up your iPhone as new will remove the data sources therein. I couldn't find a delete/remove option.

Last edited:

r.l.schmidt1

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
Re: How to remove a device from the Apple Health app

I believe the only way to remove it, would be to remove all health data that would have been recorded with that device. I have done this to remove an application that I have since uninstalled. If you have a lot of recorded data, it can be exceptionally tedious as you have to view each type of data, then "Show All Data", and then manually remove each data point.

I also have more than one Apple Watch listed since I had a device replacement but value the data more than the outdated device list.

jtanko78

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site

Has anyone been able to figure out how to remove the added devices? I currently have 3 iPhones and 2 watches listed. Kind of a pain as it messes up the priority of devices and if the correct device is not selected for a specific activity, it will not log.

Last edited:

jtanko78

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site

I did try a restore, but that did not fix the issue. Still have multiple devices listed

jtanko78

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I figured out one way, but you will lose historical data. Go to sources and select the device(s). Select one of the activities and find the device that has not tracked the latest data. Scroll down and select "Delete All Data from "Device"". After you select that it will delete the data but may not delete the device. Just select "Delete All Data from "Device"" for that same device you just deleted data from. The device will then delete. At least I had to delete twice for the device to be removed. Again, you will lose historical data. But I assume you will lose all data if you delete the health app and reinstall as well. I am not aware of how to do it without losing any data unfortunately. You will not lose data with the most recently paired devices as long as you do not delete the data from that device. I now only have one phone and one watch listed. I was ok with losing the historical data myself.

Young Hoon Kim

Dec 29, 2018
Visit site
jtanko78 had the same experience as I. Nice to meet you & Thank you so much.
If you want to delete a device that is not registered with an Apple ID:
(The first or latest device is likely to be on your device now.)
my friend & I also removed unwanted devices by deleting the source(Delete all data) many times of the same devices.(Try more than three times at least. Don't stop til you succeed.)
For the health of everyone.
*Information must be shared.*

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2