I just started using iCloud Drive and it seems like I have to download everything to actually view it. Doesn't that defeat the purpose of cloud storage if it has to be downloaded to the iPhone anyway? I was using Google Drive and you don't have to actually download items to view them.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.
    03-24-2016 07:11 PM
    Well, it downloads the item, caches it, then deletes the item after your phone is sure you're done using the file. I know some other cloud storage solutions use this method, but not all. This allows you to use and view your iCloud Drive files without constantly sucking up your mobile data, which is probably part of apple's reasoning.
    03-24-2016 07:24 PM
    Well, it downloads the item, caches it, then deletes the item after your phone is sure you're done using the file. I know some other cloud storage solutions use this method, but not all. This allows you to use and view your iCloud Drive files without constantly sucking up your mobile data, which is probably part of apple's reasoning.
    Ahh, ok thank you. Can you share links to items like Google? I'm trying to use iCloud Drive bc it's the only non-apple part of my flow.
    03-25-2016 10:52 AM