I have downloaded IOS 9.3, but the lock note feature does not seem to work?

WolfBanner87

Apr 18, 2015
Visit site
Are you hitting the share button after completing the note?? Should see a option to lock. If not go to settings and passcode settings

stayawayfromthey

Mar 11, 2016
Visit site
You have to first set up a password in the Notes section of the Settings app.

Then you have to go to the Share Sheet of a note in Notes and press Lock Note. When you unlock any locked note in the Notes app, all locked notes are unlocked.

parker5011

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site

Then you have to go to the Share Sheet of a note in Notes and press Lock Note. When you unlock any locked note in the Notes app, all locked notes are unlocked.

Also make sure your notes app is upgraded. Mine didn't work at first because I had not upgraded the notes.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site

Exactly, I struggled setting them up at first, but once I set my passport in the settings/notes menu, I quickly updated the notes I wanted to protect with a password and now I am good to go.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
It only works with iCloud Notes and "on my iPhone" Notes. It doesn't work with Gmail or other notes.

This is what my problem was. This is too bad because my notes are in other locations. I don't have any "On My iPhone". I'll guess I'll have to start migrating the ones I'd like to lock.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
This is what my problem was. This is too bad because my notes are in other locations. I don't have any "On My iPhone". I'll guess I'll have to start migrating the ones I'd like to lock.

You can enable "on my iPhone". Settings >Notes
793b4c36a39d1bb8bf202863f5656653.jpg

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner