Other family members FaceTime history showing in my phone resents list. How can I stop this?

Michial Brown

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Other family members FaceTime history showing in my phone recents list.

We have four iPhone 6s' and all share the same apple ID for iCloud and iTunes. Now we do not use our email for Facetime or iMessage, only our separate phone numbers. When my son's friends FaceTime him using his phone number that history shows up in my recents. Our phones never ring though. Not sure how to resolve this. We like keeping the same iCloud id because we pay $2.99 a month to store all our phones with the 200gb plan and want to keep it that way. Hopefully there is a fix for this apart from using separate iCloud apple id's. Thanks for the feedback.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: Other family members FaceTime history showing in my phone recents list.

You should all have your own Apple ID and password. Your own iCloud, iMessage and Facetime ID's. Do not share those ID'S. You can share the iTunes ID so you can share the iTunes purchases. But iCloud, iMessage and Facetime need to be different. You each need your own. Otherwise, you run into problems like this. Also, if you share your iCloud ID, you must share the free 5 gb of storage space in iCloud. If you have separate ID'S, you each get your own free 5 gb of storage space.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

We have four iPhone 6s' and all share the same apple ID for iCloud and iTunes. Now we do not use our email for Facetime or iMessage, only our separate phone numbers. When my son's friends FaceTime him using his phone number that history shows up in my recents. Our phones never ring though. Not sure how to resolve this. We like keeping the same iCloud id because we pay $2.99 a month to store all our phones with the 200gb plan and want to keep it that way. Hopefully there is a fix for this apart from using separate iCloud apple id's. Thanks for the feedback.

In addition, you can each purchase 50 gb of iCloud storage space for 99 cents each a month, if necessary. It shouldn't be neccessary. I doubt all your family members will use that much. I don't. I've had an iPhone for 4 years and never went over 3 gb. So my free 5 gb is still plenty. I put all my photos and videos on Box and Dropbox.

stayawayfromthey

Mar 11, 2016
Visit site
You can use Family Sharing to share App Store and iTunes purchases for different Apple IDs anyway. You should all have separate accounts and look into the Family Sharing thing.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Echoing the "separate iCloud" sentiments. Other apps could interfere as well. Day One for example can sync iCloud but if you all use it you're sharing a journal You can share iTunes if you want, without issue, or set up separate and use family share. Keep in mind if you use family share the in app purchases will not share, only the app itself.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2