This is why I will always have an iPhone!

BobR1908

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
True, but I would say that iPhones generally have less issues than Android counterparts because Apple maintains 100% control of the OS. In Android's case, Google makes the OS then the manufacture manipulates it and adds its own ROM (except for Nexus devices) and software. If Apple finds a problem in iOS it can quickly push out an update to fix it.

Agree

mulatosnarf

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
True, but I would say that iPhones generally have less issues than Android counterparts because Apple maintains 100% control of the OS. In Android's case, Google makes the OS then the manufacture manipulates it and adds its own ROM (except for Nexus devices) and software. If Apple finds a problem in iOS it can quickly push out an update to fix it.
I should have also mentioned hardware issues more so

But in any case I have both but android allows me to do more

Work won't let me jailbreak it so I have two phones

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I should have also mentioned hardware issues more so

But in any case I have both but android allows me to do more

Work won't let me jailbreak it so I have two phones

Gotcha. Depends on the Android device too. Some are garbage. I've always loved the quality of Nexus devices and I give Samsung a lot of credit too (although I'm not a fan of TouchWiz). The S7 is a really, really nice phone.
Android is definitely easier to customize. If you like to tinker, Android is great. If you believe in the "it just works" philosophy, iOS has an advantage.

johnathanblade

Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
You have to be willing to work with the environment in which you are working. In my experience, Bluetooth connects more strongly to my Android devices, and more devices pair properly more consistently. Casting to a Chromecast or a Roku for audio or video is also a consistently functional and user friendly experience.

anon(62000)

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I have only one reason why I will stay with Apple iPhones, I LIKE APPLE iPHONES. I've had Blackberry devices, Android devices and now Apple devices. The Apple iPhone just works for ME and the way I use MY smartphone.....No fancy reasons/remarks...I just like The Apple iPhone.
I just wish I would have switched to iPhones a lot sooner than I did to be honest.

The reason that matters more than anything else.

tnt4

Mar 30, 2015
Visit site
iMessage (and Facetime) and less distractions... that's why I prefer iOS / iPhones.

First and foremost, literally every single person I care about uses an iPhone - between work teams, family, and friends. Whenever I switch to an Android device to mess around with (which is happening more and more seldom b/c of this) it screws everything up with the group messages... the work related ones being the most important. Facetime comes in handy every now and then as well, and it's a helluva lot easier than saying "hey do you have Hangouts?" ... "What's that?" ... So good move Apple, your lock-in is working on me.

Second - and this is strictly a personal problem - I really do love Android. My first smartphone was the Motorola Droid in 2009, and I've used most Android flagships since then. But I'm also a tinkerer. I don't root/rom any more, but even without going that "deep" there's still an endless assortment of options you can do to an Android device. Smartphones are already distracting enough - the last thing I need is 15 other reasons to pick it up and play with it in the few down moments I get. With iOS I get in, get what I need, and get out. I might change my wallpaper every now and then, but that's it. It's less of a "toy" than Android is - for me.

Last edited:

drummerjb

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
Every device goes through their major issues. Apple is no exception, and proof of that can be found with a simple Google search.

Honestly Google searches can be quite skewed, as I've learned from being a former Apple iOS Technician. You can practically type in any question and find the "answer" you're looking for. My favorite customers were the ones that would say,"I searched it on Google and so it's a "known issue"."

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Honestly Google searches can be quite skewed, as I've learned from being a former Apple iOS Technician. You can practically type in any question and find the "answer" you're looking for. My favorite customers were the ones that would say,"I searched it on Google and so it's a "known issue"."

Unless your a newb with searches, you can find what you're searching for. I recommended a Google search to the OP because I felt he could handle a more advanced search.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Well antenna-gate was way over blown as far as I am concerned. I never could replicate the condition no matter how I tried, and then of course, Apple did fix the design with the iPhone 4 CDMA.

All of these issues, regardless of manufacturer, are "overblown"....

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for sharing all this, I appreciate it. I never had a 4 but do recall the antenna issues. In saying that, the 4 is going back a number of years. Nothing recent, even going back to the 5 which is a few years now rings a bell to me. I love many things about Android and will always use both but my S7 Edge experience just made me realize how Apple simply rolls out better to prepared products out of the gate. The S7 Edge is a beautiful device but after camera failed errors and all physical buttons not responding several times in just the first day - it got old quick and was forced to return it as it was unusable.

I should have noted that when I returned it the store said they had two others returned due to the physical buttons not working.

Mis-alignment of the front facing camera in the 6 units resulting in a "crescent moon" in the camera.

iPhone 5 home button issues.

AugustVance

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I have had issues with many of apple products, but what has kept me coming back was their customer support. Ever tried to deal with Samsungs?

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
iMessage (and Facetime) and less distractions... that's why I prefer iOS / iPhones.

First and foremost, literally every single person I care about uses an iPhone - between work teams, family, and friends. Whenever I switch to an Android device to mess around with (which is happening more and more seldom b/c of this) it screws everything up with the group messages... the work related ones being the most important. Facetime comes in handy every now and then as well, and it's a helluva lot easier than saying "hey do you have Hangouts?" ... "What's that?" ... So good move Apple, your lock-in is working on me.

Second - and this is strictly a personal problem - I really do love Android. My first smartphone was the Motorola Droid in 2009, and I've used most Android flagships since then. But I'm also a tinkerer. I don't root/rom any more, but even without going that "deep" there's still an endless assortment of options you can do to an Android device. Smartphones are already distracting enough - the last thing I need is 15 other reasons to pick it up and play with it in the few down moments I get. With iOS I get in, get what I need, and get out. I might change my wallpaper every now and then, but that's it. It's less of a "toy" than Android is - for me.

You're pretty much spot on with my experience. Been with Android (primarily) since 2011 when I got the Droid X. I dabbled in iOS here and there but always missed the customization and the larger phones. The last daily driver iPhone I had was the 5, which felt like a stretched 4s to me, so I went back to Android and have pretty much been there ever since. That is, until just before Christmas last year. My job and home life had become so busy that I wanted something I knew no matter what would work and something that would let me just use it and get on with my life without having the need or urge to tinker. So I bought a 6s Plus from Apple. I have pretty much fallen in love with iOS again. I still love Android. I love all that you can do with it and the Google integration, but I honestly think that it's just a better fiscal and personal decision to stick with Apple now.

jbestman

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
I don't get the point of your post. You clearly love the iPhone better and there is nothing wrong with that. You post your sentiment on iMore, a site dedicated to iPhone enthusiasts and expect what type of response? You quickly agree with any poster that says the iPhone works better and ask for proof from any dissenting voices.

Sorry, but this sounds like another, "I have made up my mind and want some validation from other iPhone users" type of post. Nothing wrong with that, except for the fact that there are like a gazillion posts like that here on this site!

I bought an iPhone on day one. No issues. I bought a Blackberry Passport on day one. No issues. I bought a Blackberry Priv on day one. No issues.

Do I really believe there are no people out there that might have had problems with these phones on day one? No. Do I need them to come on here and give me a link to believe that. Nope. It is part of using any man made device. And it is common sense.

And guess what? They all have their strengths and weaknesses. I embrace them all and use them for various things. I do not need to put down one to feel better the other one.

hylex

Sep 24, 2015
Visit site
Honestly not sure why you created this thread. Everyone has voiced their opinion in response to your original opinion. If you don't agree with the responses you get that's fine, but no reason to be aggressive about it.

It feels like no matter what responses you get that are contrary to your own you have your mind made up and no one is going to sway you otherwise. Not that anyone is trying to do any such thing. People are merely pointing out what they've seen, read or experienced and their views. Just because you disagree does not make their views or opinions any less valid.

Respectfully speaking of course.

I wish more people were balanced in the views, quite like this. The OP clearly has no idea of the saying 'Different strokes for different folks'. Ty for being a voice of sanity.

tnt4

Mar 30, 2015
Visit site
I don't get the point of your post. You clearly love the iPhone better and there is nothing wrong with that. You post your sentiment on iMore, a site dedicated to iPhone enthusiasts and expect what type of response? You quickly agree with any poster that says the iPhone works better and ask for proof from any dissenting voices.

Sorry, but this sounds like another, "I have made up my mind and want some validation from other iPhone users" type of post. Nothing wrong with that, except for the fact that there are like a gazillion posts like that here on this site!

I bought an iPhone on day one. No issues. I bought a Blackberry Passport on day one. No issues. I bought a Blackberry Priv on day one. No issues.

Do I really believe there are no people out there that might have had problems with these phones on day one? No. Do I need them to come on here and give me a link to believe that. Nope. It is part of using any man made device. And it is common sense.

And guess what? They all have their strengths and weaknesses. I embrace them all and use them for various things. I do not need to put down one to feel better the other one.

nailed it!

BobR1908

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site

For what it is worth, I as I stated have a Note 5 and love it. I am also a member of Android forums and this is not about any need for validation. Simply stating my personal user experience and beliefs based on what I experienced. I never once put "Android" down, nor did I dispute any personal beliefs or opinions of others. Simply asked for links to significant issues literally impacting the ability to use the phone. Yet to receive any but it is cool. I am an adult, have no desire for anything dramatic and am not going to have a silly debate back and forth with you justifying my real world experience and feedback. If you don't have anything of real purpose to add to a thread, for the sake of being a mature adult please refrain from posting. It is a waste of time to read - saying this out of respect, never like seeing any adult make themselves look childish or silly. All the best :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen