Apple cases

packgirl04

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations on the official Apple phone cases. The website shows leather and silicone ones. I'm curious if they look and fit as nice as in the pictures. Also wondering if the silicone ones collect pocket lint, which i despise. Thanks for the feedback

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
The silicone cases attracts lints and dusts. I much prefer the leather over the silicone. It feels and look better. I used to have a silicone case from Apple for my 6, I then tried the leather case for my 6s Plus, and oh boy did I get another leather case in a different color for my iPhone. Absolutely love it!

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
In my experience, the silicone case does attract a little lint, but I don't find it terrible. I have both cases and I prefer the silicone to the leather, for a couple of reasons. The leather I find less grippy than the silicone, so I am afraid that I will drop it or have it slide out of my pocket (which has happened once with the leather.) The leather also feels as if it will protect the phone in a fall less well than the silicone.

They do fit well, and that is one thing I don't like about the silicone: it is hard to remove without pressing against some of the buttons or toggling the ring/silent switch. The leather is easier to remove.

I now use a different case most of the time, but I do occasionally go back to the silicone case.

There is a big thread about cases already where a number of people discuss those two cases in the sticky section at the top of the list of topics.

MooMooPrincess

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Pink on rose gold :)

b8499ed50ceaac5448d688256666a574.jpg

They attract dirt and lint but it comes off super easy

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I've got the leather and I love it. I've tried other cases and I always go back. Never had the silicon. Tried it at the Apple Store and much preferred the look of the leather. Just looks more high quality to me and I enjoyed the feel. It fits nicely and it keeps the slim profile of the iphone which I love also.

packgirl04

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
Yea looking at what you all have said and looking at them on the website, I'm going to my local Apple Store and picking up the leather case. Thanks for the responses

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I have other cases, but I find myself always coming back to my Apple Leather cases after a couple of days using the others. I really like the Apple Leather cases much better.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I have both the leather and silicone. Both top notch and low profile. I take the leather off and use silicone when I run bc I'll sweat through my tights and get leather wet. I know ... totally gross.

akutch34

Trusted Member
Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
I have white silicone on a rose gold 6s. Absolutely love it. I don't have any trouble with lint, and the smooth/grippy feel of the silicone is really nice.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Apple leather is awesome. :) I've had the midnight blue and the classic brown.

• Leather will change color over time. Darker colors will look more natural while the lighter colors may look more "dirty".
  • Silicone will get linty, in my experience. With a black phone it may not be as noticable as it is on white.
  • I've dropped my phone with the leather case several times and it has been fine.

I've bought a bunch of cases, and the Apple leather is the one I've stuck with the longest. I was hesitant at first, but I love it!

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I have leather cases in saddle brown and midnight blue as well as a white silicone case. Love them all, but the saddle brown leather is my favorite.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I have leather cases in saddle brown and midnight blue as well as a white silicone case. Love them all, but the saddle brown leather is my favorite.

The midnight blue just got darker, almost black, on mine. The classic brown got darker, and definitely looks NICER than it did when I first got it. Very happy with how it has turned out and "aged".

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
The midnight blue just got darker, almost black, on mine. The classic brown got darker, and definitely looks NICER than it did when I first got it. Very happy with how it has turned out and "aged".

Same thing happened with my midnight blue case. I liked it better new. My saddle brown has aged wonderfully.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
My Black Apple Leather case is my favorite and my Saddle Brown has age very nicely. I will probably use my Product Red Leather case sparingly as the aging process makes it look dirty. IMO, the Black on Space Gray just looks more professional than any other case, but my other leather colors look nice as well.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen