Is anyone else having high battery usage with the home & lock Screen?

JimMLINY

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Troubleshooting battery life on new 128GB 6s for same apps, music and data that was on 16GB 6Plus.

Downloaded music to 6s device is only difference.
iTunes Match is new too due to frustration of trying to combine music from multiple Apple User IDs.
Caught one song from an album that just kept on trying to download using cellular and wifi to no avail.
Deleted album from phone but not my music.

6Plus battery life had plenty to spare when it was put on charger overnight when I hit hay.

6s barely can make it through afternoon. Less than a week old, let it run down to near 0 before first charge, let it do same before third and fifth charges.

Weather Live icon on Home page has an active badge as it did on 6Plus

Every capture I see here is low single digits as it was on my 6Plus.

Anyone experiencing this phenomenon who can shed some diagnostic light?

TIA :)

02212016ScreenShotiPhone6s.png

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
re: Is anyone else having high battery usage with the home & lock Screen?

Reduce your onscreen use. Turn your brightness down. Set your autolock to no more than 1 minute.

JimMLINY

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site

Setting for autolock is 1 minute and auto bright is off with manual setting to less than half about 40%.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Was this a one time occurrence, or is it this way all the time? If it was only one time, I wouldn't worry about it. You may have spent more time on your home screen than you thought. But if it's always like that, you might first call Apple Support. I keep my autolock at 1 minute, brightness at about 30%. I spend a good deal of time on my home screen. It shows battery usage of about 8% to 12%. So 31% seems way too much.

JimMLINY

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
It's getting there. Turned off most app notifications and all background activity as well as Siri suggestions and some other power saving tweaks.

My 6Plus battery life was long right out of box from day one.

Different phone, different processor, different results but getting there.

Let it run down to 1% yesterday before charging and installed Battery Doctor for monitoring initial battery life.

iPhone6sSS02-22-16.png

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Hmm, interesting... Mine is 23%. I just enabled auto-brightness, though. I had it disabled because for some reason, the CVS app always turns brightness way up on my phone when I use it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods