Yup. You could see her face full of embarrassment. Really cringeworthy.
    Wow
    02-28-2016 10:06 AM
    The convenience fee comes from Fandango. It has nothing to do with Apple Pay. Apple Pay is free to use.
    Yes, thanks. I understand that. Good to be clear, though, about where the fee originates.
    scruffypig likes this.
    02-28-2016 11:01 AM
    So is this convenience fee common ?

After reading the posts here I was set to register a card, but there no way I'm paying an additional fee.

SB
    The Fandango app is the first time I've encountered a convenience fee. I think its probably more an exception than the norm. I won't be using Apple Pay in the Fandango app again, though.

I've used Apple Pay at grocery stores, McDonald's, and Walgreens. Never had to pay a convenience fee. I think Fandango is a bit misguided here.
    02-28-2016 11:03 AM
    I bought an Urban Armor Gear case here on imore that allows me to store my license and credit card.

Posted via the iMore App for Android
    02-29-2016 09:57 AM
    I use Apple Pay all the time. Every work day at the vending machine at work( slight addiction to Diet Coke). And at the local grocery store. I have never been charges a convenience fee. My best guess is its a fandango thing.
    Trees likes this.
    02-29-2016 10:15 AM
    I wish gas stations like Arco AM/PM, Shell or Chevron would accept this at the pump.. in light of all the recent news about card scanners being found in a number of gas station dispensers...
    02-29-2016 01:26 PM
    I wonder if the states & Apple will one day allow for Drivers license to be stored in your phone. Would be great and convenient.
    03-01-2016 06:27 AM
    I wonder if the states & Apple will one day allow for Drivers license to be stored in your phone. Would be great and convenient.
    Because of terrorism concerns and the Real ID act, I doubt it will be anytime soon.
    03-01-2016 07:04 AM
    I thought I remember reading that a few states have an app that stores it.
    03-01-2016 08:43 AM
    Pros

Helps make transactions safe *rolls eyes*

Cons

Reliance on digital payments tied to banks means your fractional reserve notes are still in the federal reserve regional partner banks' care, the most uncareful people on the planet. Having administrated trusts and evaluated the impact of fractional reserving on assets as they relate to clients purchasing power within the easily manipulated monetary system, how these digital "conveniences" are looked at as a good thing is cringe-inducing. People are so impressed with the superficial. It's very important to understand what is being discussed in the foreground of these decision-makers. There is no security of your funds when you can't even control how they are loaned, protected and/or disbursed; the tracking of every single transaction could become problematic should you ever start thinking for yourself within an authori-technocracy.

www[dot]corbettreport[dot]com/the-war-on-cash-a-country-by-country-guide/comment-page-1/
    Last edited by jdgtl; 03-01-2016 at 02:44 PM.
    scruffypig likes this.
    03-01-2016 02:33 PM
    Pros

Helps make transactions safe *rolls eyes*

Cons

Reliance on digital payments tied to banks means your fractional reserve notes are still in the federal reserve regional partner banks' care, the most uncareful people on the planet. Having administrated trusts and evaluated the impact of fractional reserving on them as it relates to the monetary system, how this "convenience" is looked at as a good thing is cringe-inducing. There is no security of your funds when you can't even control how they are loaned, protected and/or disbursed; the tracking of every single transaction could become problematic should you ever start thinking for yourself within an authori-technocracy.
    This is a bit far fetched IMO. I'm not really seeing the negative impact on the average consumer. I have my credit card linked to my Apple Pay. When I make a purchase I use a tokenized method rather than swiping my card. As a consumer, I have a much lesser chance of my credit card being compromised because I haven't given them the number.
    We aren't talking about multi-million dollar trusts here. We're talking about 10 bucks at Walgreens.
    03-01-2016 02:41 PM
    This is a bit far fetched IMO. I'm not really seeing the negative impact on the average consumer. I have my credit card linked to my Apple Pay. When I make a purchase I use a tokenized method rather than swiping my card. As a consumer, I have a much lesser chance of my credit card being compromised because I haven't given them the number.
    We aren't talking about multi-million dollar trusts here. We're talking about 10 bucks at Walgreens.
    I agree we are talking about smaller transactions. But that is just for right now. The boiling frogs approach is incrementalism. It won't happen all at once. To Apple's credit, they see where the puck is headed. Hopefully its customers (myself included) understand why, though.
    Rob Phillips likes this.
    03-01-2016 02:51 PM
    Apple Pay in the UK is absolutely great. On Monday Apple Pay with MasterCard was free to use on all London transport and also for the next two Mondays. Every purchase I made on Monday was on Apple Pay and didn't need the card in my wallet at all! I love using it. No downsides here.
    Keith Morris likes this.
    03-01-2016 05:47 PM
    I think I've added and re-added mine so much that I now have to call to get both of them on there after resetting my device recently.

At least they stopped sending notices in the mail each time -- I've been getting them by email lately.
    03-02-2016 05:41 AM
    I think I've added and re-added mine so much that I now have to call to get both of them on there after resetting my device recently.

At least they stopped sending notices in the mail each time -- I've been getting them by email lately.
    That has to be an institution-level thing. My employer doesn't send notices via US mail, and Discover doesn't either from my experience.
    03-02-2016 05:58 AM
    What does this have to do with anything? The security part is the actual transaction. The encrypted token. It works the same way with Samsung Pay except SP acts like a card swipe.
    03-02-2016 03:49 PM
    Pro- You can check to see if businesses accept Pay with your Apple Maps. Here's how:
    Pay
    http://forums.imore.com/showthread.php?t=347193
    03-02-2016 07:05 PM
    Pro- You can check to see if businesses accept Pay with your Apple Maps. Here's how:
    Pay
    [GUIDE] How To See If A Location In Maps Accepts Apple Pay. - iPhone, iPad, iPod Forums at iMore.com
    Good tip!
    03-03-2016 05:46 AM
    The card I used on AP was cancelled this week bc of suspicious activity. The card company is sending me a new card, but I got notification that in the meantime, I can still use AP bc they've already got my new card number and transferred the info over so for me, there is no gap where I'll be without a card. Very cool.
    robertk328 likes this.
    03-03-2016 05:51 AM
    Yes, thanks. I understand that. Good to be clear, though, about where the fee originates.
    Aye... it's a Fandango thing. Myself and two other ladies go to the movies every Saturday during the summer, and my fiance says he sees the fee on the credit card all the time.
    Trees likes this.
    03-03-2016 11:52 AM
    The card I used on AP was cancelled this week bc of suspicious activity. The card company is sending me a new card, but I got notification that in the meantime, I can still use AP bc they've already got my new card number and transferred the info over so for me, there is no gap where I'll be without a card. Very cool.

We just went though that 2 weeks ago and I wish ours would of done that. I had no way to input the new 3 digit code so I couldn't use it because it wasn't verified yet.
    03-03-2016 11:56 AM
    Now THAT is cool.
    MooMooPrincess likes this.
    03-03-2016 07:14 PM
    Now THAT is cool.
    Totally! This was an amex card. Not sure if this happens with other cards but I was happy about it esp bc I'm traveling today and tomorrow so nice to have another card option.
    03-03-2016 09:06 PM
    Totally! This was an amex card. Not sure if this happens with other cards but I was happy about it esp bc I'm traveling today and tomorrow so nice to have another card option.

Chase is almost overly sensitive, but I won't complain. Luckily it's not the card I use for shopping on Amazon, else I would of gone into shopping withdrawals while waiting for the new card. /nods
    eyecrispy and robertk328 like this.
    03-03-2016 09:51 PM
    Apple Pay: Pros
    1. Simpler payments.
    2. Secure.
    3. Greater privacy.
    4. Lower risk.
    5. Better experience.
    6. No extra fees for retailers.

Apple Pay: Cons
    1. Adoption.
    2. No online shopping support.