New to iOS. Just bought the 64gb 6S

akutch34

Trusted Member
Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
Double touching (don't press in...just touch) the home button slides the screen down. That makes one handed use even more pleasant. That's my favorite "trick". Probably the one iPhone only feature that I use ALL THE TIME.

Did not know this! Thanks!!

xtremeled

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Hi!

Welcome to the Dark Side and congrats on your purchase :D

You might want to disable Background App Refresh and disable (or set to "While using the app only" which is app specific) Location Services. They greatly improved battery life!

I was told the same thing. I did some research and found this on one of the many geek sites. Decided to just leave it alone and let them run.

Despite what you may have heard, closing apps on your iPhone or iPad won’t speed it up. But iOS does allow apps to run in the background sometimes, and you can manage that in a different way.

This myth is actually harmful. Not only will it slow down your use of your device, but it could use more battery power in the long run. Just leave those recent apps alone!

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I don't have a plus.

It works on my iPhone 6, I don't have the plus.

Reachability works with the iPhone 6S also. Windows 10 phone has a similar feature double tap the Windows home button to bring the screen down just like Reachability with iOS.

It's available on the 6 as well

Yes, thank you. It's been pointed out and discussed multiple times at this point.
Loud and clear.

BradPaisl

Dec 26, 2015
Visit site
Reachability works with the iPhone 6S also. Windows 10 phone has a similar feature double tap the Windows home button to bring the screen down just like Reachability with iOS.

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I agree BUT I find background app refresh convenient for many apps. Instead of turning it off completely I just limit what apps have access to the feature.
DEFINITELY remove Facebook from background app refresh.
Why should anyone have to disable anything to be able to use the phone?

If an app uses background refresh, I leave it on. It makes no sense to have to disable something that is useful to maybe get an extra hour of battery life.

My battery life is already just about as good as on my 6S+. If you start disabling things, you have a dumb phone.

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Why should anyone have to disable anything to be able to use the phone?

If an app uses background refresh, I leave it on. It makes no sense to have to disable something that is useful to maybe get an extra hour of battery life.

My battery life is already just about as good as on my 6S+. If you start disabling things, you have a dumb phone.

I don't even have to disable anything and I'm getting as good of battery life as my 6s+. Averaging 8-9 hrs of use. Can't beat it. So glad I switched back to the 6s

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox