Taking a att unlocked 6s to T-Mobile?

violetjune

Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm seriously thinking about going to T-Mobile and getting rid of Verizon and their "hidden fees", every other month my bill seems to be getting higher and higher....I've really had enough.

I just made the switch from Verizon to T-Mobile. I had grandfathered UDP for ever with them then they raised the price in November, my 3 UDP lines went up to $246. So I talked my daughter who had a UDP with AT&T to give it up and join our T-Mobile plan. The service is great in Sacramento and with 4 unlimited lines for $150, that's only about $41 per each line after taxes.
We are very happy with the service

SteveHaz1

Feb 9, 2016
Visit site
I also disagree that T-Mobile has inferior coverage. I tried T-Moble a couple of years ago and it was bad in my area. However, now it's a different story. I moved to T-Mobile from ATT recently and have been all over the US including Northern Idaho and no issues with coverage or call quality. Make the move and try it. If you don't like it you can always go back to ATT

anon(62000)

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I left AT&T for T-Mobile two years ago and have no regrets. I'm no world traveler, but I get around a bit and have always had good coverage. My experience with them has been pretty solid. Results may vary, I guess.

MJ502

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
I also switched from ATT to T-Mobile a year ago and have had zero issues. My bill is much lower and I have not seen any difference in service. No regrets here.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
So, I kinda did a 180 from my original plan and I'm now the proud owner of a iPhone 6s Plus on Verizon. I found out I actually get a bit of a discount from work and it wasn't much more than what T-Mobile would have been. Plus, the extra coverage is nice.

sangs

Trusted Member
Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
So it looks like my iPhone model number is A1633. Would this work on Verizon?

Not sure, but we bought five iPhones 6S models - two plusses, three regular - from T-Mobile for the brief two months we were with them and they all work seamlessly with Verizon, now that we've switched. (T-Mobile was pretty dreadful once we traveled outside of the NYC area.) The automated port process was a piece of cake also.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
When you start saying you or they never had coverage it makes the story sound less likely. Even if coverage is spotty the chances of no service over the course of two years is remote. I travel through Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas and Iowa for work and had Verizon for the last 5 years. I switched to tmobile two months ago and can tell you tmobile has stepped up in a big way over the last few years where there was no coverage in rural areas there has been lte. Everyone has a different story but tmobile has done a lot of work to improve their network.

T-Mobile has very little native coverage in Iowa outside Des Moines area. The rest you are roaming on I-Wireless. From what I understand, T-Mobile doesn't even have native LTE in Des Moines or Iowa either.

wplantz

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
It should work on the T-Mobile network.

However... trust me when I say you will not like T-Mobile. They're so saturated with customers, which makes voice calling absolutely horrible. Call quality is worse than Sprint. Not to mention if you travel you'll never have a connection. We were with T-Mobile for almost 2 years and never had a connection while traveling. We're now with Straight Talk on the AT&T network... much better.

I have not experienced those types of issues much in my 10 months on T-Mobile. I've been fine in tri-state area, California (SF to SD). My girlfriend has Verizon and her brother has AT&T and the times we dropped on my Cali trip have been within seconds of each other. A blanket statement like "you won't like T-Mobile" is a bit short sided. It works for many people and doesn't work for many people, just like any other network.

wplantz

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
100% disagree with this. My T-Mobile coverage is excellent. I haven't noticed any difference from when I had Verizon, except my bill is much better.

Couldn't agree more. I pay about a third of what I was paying on Verizon for the same or better performance for me. Others' mileage may vary though. I know it isn't good in many rural areas.

akutch34

Trusted Member
Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
Couldn't agree more. I pay about a third of what I was paying on Verizon for the same or better performance for me. Others' mileage may vary though. I know it isn't good in many rural areas.

Yes. I went to upstate New York and had very poor coverage, but so did my boyfriend who has Verizon so I wasn't concerned.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
So, I kinda did a 180 from my original plan and I'm now the proud owner of a iPhone 6s Plus on Verizon. I found out I actually get a bit of a discount from work and it wasn't much more than what T-Mobile would have been. Plus, the extra coverage is nice.

Congrats! Enjoy your new device and service :)

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site

Congrats on your new iPhone, and enjoy your service with Verizon! :)

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I wish we could go back to T-Mobile. We had to go to att a few years back bc my husband couldn't get service while at work with T-Mobile. That made him completely unreachable 40+ hours a week and we couldn't have that with school aged kids.

Att isn't bad. But we prefer T-Mobile

Amir47

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
You are more than free to disagree, but that does not make my terrible experience with T-Mobile any less valid.

Your experience might not be any less valid but the idea that OP's experience will the same as yours is extremely invalid.
Your reasoning is also invalid. T-Mobile and saturation don't even go in the same sentence.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods