It should work on the T-Mobile network.

However... trust me when I say you will not like T-Mobile. They're so saturated with customers, which makes voice calling absolutely horrible. Call quality is worse than Sprint. Not to mention if you travel you'll never have a connection. We were with T-Mobile for almost 2 years and never had a connection while traveling. We're now with Straight Talk on the AT&T network... much better.
    Wrong, left Verizon because their speeds dropped so bad. Live in a suburb outside Boston and Verizon was dropping to 3G and it was pathetic. Went to T-Mobile, best move I made. LTE everywhere including my family room in my basement. My speeds are over 50mb down and 40mb up. My VOLTE works fantastic, very clear and never dropped a call. Since switching over to T-Mobile my signal has gotten stronger and speeds faster. Best move I ever made. In the last year alone T-Mobile has almost doubled their LTE footprint. T-Mobile is investing in their Network. Band 12 is the best, long distance coverage with interior signal penetration. I have never been happier with a Mobile Carrier than I am with T-Mobile.
    wplantz likes this.
    02-07-2016 08:46 AM
    So I know I said I'm going with T-Mobile, but honestly I think the extra 15 dollars a month would be worth it for Verizon. The only thing that stinks is I would have to pay off the att phone myself, then sell it, then buy the 6 plus on Verizon.
    Verizon has a trade in deal going now. I'd see what they offer you.

http://forums.imore.com/e?link=http%...token=et8zhqHA

[edit] iMore screws up Verizon links. Type Verizonwireless dot com and then add this:

/landingpages/switch-and-save/#claimoffer
    02-07-2016 09:09 AM
    Carry on if you wish, but it is the last time I will comment.
    Good, because re-hashing old experiences has nothing to do with how the T-mobile Network is performing today ...
    wplantz likes this.
    02-07-2016 11:47 AM
    Good, because re-hashing old experiences has nothing to do with how the T-mobile Network is performing today ...
    Neither does rehashing current experiences for that matter. Different carriers have different levels of service in different areas. For example, I switched from Sprint to Verizon because Sprint has terrible service over here. Verizon is great. T-Mobile is garbage.
    All we can speak from is our own individual experience and offer advice based on that. For that reason you'll never hear me recommend Sprint to anyone. I'm sure there are areas where they're great.
    wplantz likes this.
    02-07-2016 12:02 PM
    Verizon has a trade in deal going now. I'd see what they offer you.

http://forums.imore.com/e?link=http%...token=nvMmKzYB

[edit] iMore screws up Verizon links. Type Verizonwireless dot com and then add this:

/landingpages/switch-and-save/#claimoffer
    They would not need to trade in their iPhone 6S. The phone if unlocked, should work on T-Mobile or Verizon fine.
    02-07-2016 12:25 PM
    Neither does rehashing current experiences for that matter.
    Uh to a point ...
    If a carrier had bad coverage, but now has great coverage in a particular area(s), who would know if all we did was listen to people who don't even have the service? ...
    If you don't have said service then that pretty much means you don't know what you're talking about ...
    wplantz likes this.
    02-07-2016 12:34 PM
    Uh to a point ...
    If a carrier had bad coverage, but now has great coverage in a particular area(s), who would know if all we did was listen to people who don't even have the service? ...
    If you don't have said service then that pretty much means you don't know what you're talking about ...
    You shouldn't only listen to people who don't even have the service. That's up to you. It doesn't mean that I have to like Sprint and recommend it to people. I will always tell people to shy away from them after my personal experiences.
    Opinions are based off of experiences. It's just how it is.
    02-07-2016 12:47 PM
    They would not need to trade in their iPhone 6S. The phone if unlocked, should work on T-Mobile or Verizon fine.
    Right, but the person I quoted has an etf to pay on att. The Verizon deal may be worth it rather than just paying off the etf and bringing the phone (which may be locked if there is an etf to pay.)
    02-07-2016 01:00 PM
    Right, but the person I quoted has an etf to pay on att. The Verizon deal may be worth it rather than just paying off the etf and bringing the phone (which may be locked if there is an etf to pay.)
    Right, but the thread title is: "Taking an AT&T Unlocked iPhone 6s to T-Mobile". The OP would be stuck with a new phone under contract with Verizon, unless Verizon will pay off the OP's ETF and let him keep the his original iPhone 6S?
    02-07-2016 01:13 PM
    Right, but the thread title is: "Taking an AT&T Unlocked iPhone 6s to T-Mobile". The OP would be stuck with a new phone under contract with Verizon, unless Verizon will pay off the OP's ETF and let him keep the his original iPhone 6S?
    I think doogald was saying that the Verizon deal could be used to compensate OP for paying the ETF. Has Verizon ever offered an ETF payback deal? I waited for the longest time and never saw one. I ended up just using my trade in bonus to pay my Sprint ETF.
    02-07-2016 01:27 PM
    So, I do think T-Mobile would be ok for me. I don't ever travel (except to Las Vegas once a year), at work I'm always in a populated city or town (I work in costcos as a vendor) and T-Mobile is going to be about 20 bucks cheaper a month (when I add the phone plan and phone payment together). And I guess the good thing is I can always go to Verizon later on if I hate T-Mobile.
    02-07-2016 01:41 PM
    So, I do think T-Mobile would be ok for me. I don't ever travel (except to Las Vegas once a year), at work I'm always in a populated city or town (I work in costcos as a vendor) and T-Mobile is going to be about 20 bucks cheaper a month (when I add the phone plan and phone payment together). And I guess the good thing is I can always go to Verizon later on if I hate T-Mobile.
    Best thing you can do is ask people who live near you what carrier they're with and how their service is. You might find that T-Mobile is great and love the service and the savings. I did that in September when deciding between Verizon and AT&T. The great thing is that I have no obligation to any carrier so, just as you said, I can switch at any time!
    02-07-2016 01:51 PM
    Verizon doesn't do contracts any more for new customers, and existing customers can get only one more 2 year contract upgrade if they wish (at least for now.) This deal would be for a monthly payoff for the iPhone, which they do spilt into 24 monthly payments, but you can pay the rest off at any time and then be free to move to another carrier.

I believe they only pay off the etf on this deal if you trade in the old phone and put a new device on a monthly payment plan, yes.
    02-07-2016 03:40 PM
    I think doogald was saying that the Verizon deal could be used to compensate OP for paying the ETF. Has Verizon ever offered an ETF payback deal? I waited for the longest time and never saw one. I ended up just using my trade in bonus to pay my Sprint ETF.
    I think you are right, though I don't like the idea of having to trade in my perfectly good phone, if that is the case. The exact same dang phone!
    02-07-2016 05:54 PM
    I think you are right, though I don't like the idea of having to trade in my perfectly good phone, if that is the case. The exact same dang phone!
    Well, in my case I would be trading in a 6s to get a 6s plus.
    02-07-2016 06:17 PM
    The AT&T version of the iPhone 6s has 1 more lte band than the iPhone 6s offered by the other carriers so you are better off keeping the one that you have.

T-mobile has come a long way and GSM is a better technology than CDMA. In order to use simultaneous voice & data with Verizon, you have to be in lte coverage and have lte set to voice and data on in your phone which isn't done automatically by default. Verizon also doesn't have wifi calling yet. Right now, t-mobile is kicking everybody as far as what it's offering at its price point.

Don't forget about the music freedom and Binge on features which allow you to stream music and video without it coming out of your data alotment
    Last edited by pr1nce; 02-07-2016 at 07:49 PM. Reason: Cleanup
    Trees likes this.
    02-07-2016 06:53 PM
    Well, in my case I would be trading in a 6s to get a 6s plus.
    Then you wouldn't need to worry about AT&T unlocking your phone.
    02-07-2016 07:44 PM
    So it looks like my iPhone model number is A1633. Would this work on Verizon?

Yes, the AT&T and the SIM free model are the same. So Verizon will activate it.
    02-07-2016 10:40 PM
    Yes, the AT&T and the SIM free model are the same. So Verizon will activate it.
    As long as it is unlocked, paid in full and free of any obligations to AT&T. The phone is physically compatible and has the required hardware to work.
    Last edited by scruffypig; 02-08-2016 at 09:39 AM.
    02-08-2016 09:23 AM
    As long as it is unlocked, paid in full and free of any obligations to AT&T. The phone is physically compatible and has the required hardware to work.
    This is exactly why I went with Apple's program for my 6s Plus (plus I'm an AppleCare+ guy anyways because I have a propensity to drop my phone). I've spent too much of my life getting into bed with wireless carriers. I love the freedom to go to whichever carrier I choose. If Big Red messes up, I pack up and leave.
    scruffypig likes this.
    02-08-2016 10:01 AM
    The iPhone 6s is the first to have the radios inside for T-Mobile's latest data speeds. I'm pretty happy with my T-Mobile phone. I just unlocked my 5s so I can give the phone to a friend in Brazil. It was a quite easy process done on AT&Ts website.

And does anybody here use an "an" before a word that starts with a vowel sound? Sheesh. (My old journalist hat just kicked in, sorry.)
    02-08-2016 11:16 AM
    This is exactly why I went with Apple's program for my 6s Plus (plus I'm an AppleCare+ guy anyways because I have a propensity to drop my phone). I've spent too much of my life getting into bed with wireless carriers. I love the freedom to go to whichever carrier I choose. If Big Red messes up, I pack up and leave.
    I want to go with the apple program, but I can't if I want to trade my phone in. See, if I pay the 624 to get it payed off, I would then sell the phone on gazelle for about 370. That means I'm out over 200 bucks. Even though I plan on getting apple care anyway with my 6s plus, I don't know if that's a good deal or not compared to just having T-Mobile reimburse my ETF.
    02-08-2016 11:19 AM
    I want to go with the apple program, but I can't if I want to trade my phone in. See, if I pay the 624 to get it payed off, I would then sell the phone on gazelle for about 370. That means I'm out over 200 bucks. Even though I plan on getting apple care anyway with my 6s plus, I don't know if that's a good deal or not compared to just having T-Mobile reimburse my ETF.
    Probably wouldn't sense in your case but it is nice not being strapped to a carrier.
    02-08-2016 11:57 AM
    And does anybody here use an "an" before a word that starts with a vowel sound? Sheesh. (My old journalist hat just kicked in, sorry.)
    I've noticed that too but we aren't exactly writing scholarly journals on iMore forums.
    02-08-2016 11:59 AM
    I'm still going back and forth and wether I want to go back to the plus. I do want more battery life, but the 6s does feel better in the hand and pocket. Although I do a lot of video watching and game playing so a big screen will be beneficial
    02-08-2016 01:42 PM
78 1234