Is there a Tempered Glass protector that actually fits?

tnt4

Mar 30, 2015
Visit site
I have a grey 6S and I cannot find a tempered glass screen protector that doesn't have a small amount of the screen sticking up around the beveled sides and top of the phone - it looks bad on the dark screen, but more so than that, it gathers dust very easily.

I've tried Zagg, and a couple of cheap ones off of Amazon, but no luck. I'm trying to see if anybody has found one that actually fits within the beveled edges. Thanks!

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
They're all like that because it wouldn't provide that much protection from a fall on the phone's side if it's only covered up to the beveled edges. So you most likely won't find one like that unless it's a really really cheap one.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
They're not going to come up that close to the edge. This leaves room for some types of cases that hug the front edges of the phone, which allows the phone to be placed face down on a surface without the glass touching.

Edit: Take a look at TechArmor. Theirs is edge to edge, but look at the reviews on Amazon. IMHO the reviews don't look that great.

Last edited:

wetermommy

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
I have the grey on the back black on the front and got a protector that covers the entire from all the way to edges iMoreAppImg_20160208_211814.jpg

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I just ordered the Cinder protector from cupert.com. Completely protects the entire face of the phone from top to bottom. Pretty excited for it to arrive and see how it goes.

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I just ordered the Cinder protector from cupert.com. Completely protects the entire face of the phone from top to bottom. Pretty excited for it to arrive and see how it goes.

Yes, please post photos and give us your impressions.. I'm interested to see what you have to say about this.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I have a grey 6S and I cannot find a tempered glass screen protector that doesn't have a small amount of the screen sticking up around the beveled sides and top of the phone - it looks bad on the dark screen, but more so than that, it gathers dust very easily.

I've tried Zagg, and a couple of cheap ones off of Amazon, but no luck. I'm trying to see if anybody has found one that actually fits within the beveled edges. Thanks!

It does look bad, which is why I switched to a regular protector. Couldn't stand to look at the screen with it like that. The rounded edges of the screen make a tempered glass protector almost impossible to lay flat, so they just stop short of the edge. Even the regular ones don't go completely to the edge like the old phones did, BUT they're thinner so not noticeable like the thicker tempered glass.

tmx31415

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
Yes, please post photos and give us your impressions.. I'm interested to see what you have to say about this.

I have had this protector on my 6s for a while now. You should be very happy with the result. One thing to keep in mind is the case you use with Cinder. Check their site for compatibility first before putting your case on with this screen protector.

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
I've given up on tempered glass SP's. I've gone through countless ZAGG Glass & ZAGG Glass Luxe products...and they all either halo around the outside edges (Glass) or around the inside of the bezels (Luxe). I finally got a ZAGG CSR to tell me that the outside edge curvature of the 6s is different than that of the 6 because of the force-touch feature...and that some 6s screens are different than others just enough to cause consistency issues.

So, I'm going with a naked screen...and I'm not happy about it. I would love to see some pics of another product that actually fit & looked good.

Shawn Schrader

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Well I must say. I had my iPhone replaced by Apple, and well it's not perfect......screen protectors glass ones sit nearly all way like they should. It's not perfect but I'll deal with it. Just got my new phone Tuesday. Had someone put glass on it for me like two pieces of lint. Not gonna worry about lint. But I did read on another website/forum that it has something to do with way screen settles. All I can say us my experience.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice