16GB or 64GB 6s?

I

iMore Question

Hello, so I plan to get an iPhone 6s but I'm not sure if it's best to get the 16GB or the 64GB. 16GB seems just a little bit but the 64GB is alot that I won't probably even use up. I won't store any music since I have my iPod for that. I won't have that much apps or games if I get the 6s, but later on, apps like Facebook and Instagram gather more and more space on your phone and I don't want to run out of space and have to delete apps or photos just to free up space. But if I get the 64GB model, I'll spend $100 more and I won't use up all the 64GB either. So what do you think is the best choice for me? Should I get the 16GB 6s or the 64GB one? Another question is that do you think Apple will release a 32GB 6s when the 7 comes out? Because if they do, I'll definitely would go with the 32GB

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Get the 16GB. You may need to utilize cloud storage for photos and videos down the road but it sounds manageable given the information you provided. As far as a 32GB 6s, it's possible but not probable. Apple hasn't had a 32GB offering since the 5s. 64GB is the new 32GB and has the same price point as the old 32GB models.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like 16gb would work for your use cases. I would personally run out of storage in a week if I got the 16gb model, but my use cases are different from yours. Save yourself the $$.

quanter

Feb 10, 2016
Visit site
Get the 64GB. Totally worth the extra $100. You'll never have to worry about space on your phone, and you can resell it for more, also 16GB is really like 8GB or something because the OS and your basic apps take up a fair bit of space. I was super happy that I go the 64GB model.

I doubt apple will sell a 32GB option in the middle of 16GB and 64GB, they prefer to push people up to the higher models by offering a small baseline model. They do the same thing with their MacBooks -- 128 to 256gb. What they may do is start everyone off at 32GB and then offer 128gb and 256GB HDs or something along those lines. But that's probably a few years off!

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Get the 16GB model and install Dropbox to your PC/Laptop and iPhone. It's great for storing files and photos. Once you take a few photos, ensure they've synced to your DropBox and then you can delete them from your phone... they'll be auto synced and moved to your PC/Laptop.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Get the 64. It's best to have the extra space and not need it then to not have it and need it. What if something happens to your iPod down the line and you start using your iPhone for even more?? You'll be pretty bummed that you've limited yourself. Unfortunately there is no turning back when you go iPhone as far as memory sizes go. 16 GB fills up pretty quickly. You may go on vacation and start snapping pics and taking 4k video. All of that eats space. Do yourself the favor and get the 64GB. Better safe than sorry.

nnahorski

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
64 if you can swing it at all. While 16 is doable because the cloud does help alleviate storage issues, you don't want to always rely on that. I have a family member (sister-in-law) who went with 16 and regrets it. Sometimes she can't take a picture because there is no local storage and she's got to stop and delete before taking the picture. Many times the moment is gone by the time she's ready again.

My advice is almost always to get the most storage you can afford, whether that's 16, 64, or 128. On the new device payment agreements it's about $4 a month between each storage tier for 24 months. Broken down like that it's pretty affordable to jump up at least one storage tier.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
The 16 GB will be a good fit for you. I rocked a iPhone 5/16GB for 2 years without any issues because I was basically in the same position as you. I never worried about space, always had plenty. My needs have changed since and I now keep all my music and some movies on my phone for when I travel. So I now require a 64GB. For you the 16GB is ideal.

ddot196

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Get the 64gb version. I just bought one and originally got the 16gb one. After I installed all my main apps (~20) the actual storage was already down to 3gb!!!! Sorry but that is completely unacceptable. That won't last you at all not to mention any future updates to stock apps or the os itself. Needless to say I ended up paying the restock fee to get the 64gb lol. It was a small price to pay to have peace of mind not having to worry about finding space on my phone in the future. Please do yourself a favor and get the 64gb. 32gb would be sufficient for me but of course being Apple, they don't offer that. Honestly in 2016 a 16gb smartphone shouldn't even be an option. The os on phones anymore are so large now.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I say get the 64 gig model, I prefer to use the device storage rather then depending on the cloud. But, that's just me, you have to get what best fits your needs.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I always say...."It's better to have and not need, than to need and not have". That's my way of thinking anyway. Get the most you can afford is my suggestion.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I'd get the 64gb just to be sure. You can't add more memory later.

I always got the base level too until I started using my phone for music and quit carrying a second device (iPod). If it is a classic those hold way more so throw my comments out the window

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73