02-23-2016 08:54 PM
    She... I'm a she. *points to avatar and username*
    I was talking about devilish, not you~
    Rob Phillips likes this.
    02-23-2016 10:20 PM
    Come on now?!, 64 of course.
    02-24-2016 12:04 PM
    I was talking about devilish, not you~
    Be careful, he thinks everyone is talking about him.
    02-24-2016 12:57 PM
    I'm still trying to choose between the two myself. I'm not a heavy user as such but plan to use a lot more when I do upgrade.
    02-26-2016 06:48 AM
    I'm still trying to choose between the two myself. I'm not a heavy user as such but plan to use a lot more when I do upgrade.
    Perfect reason to go for the 64gb. Any music, podcasts, games, etc., can take up space. If you can swing the extra $100 it's worth it to not have to worry about it.
    02-26-2016 07:18 AM
    First thing to remember is, as someone already mentioned, the whole 16GB won't be available on the phone.

So, first consider software updates and the memory they will need, as they are important. As more features are added to the OS the updates might get bigger. Others have mentioned cloud storage etc, and there are some very good gadgets on the market now for external storage, so photos etc are covered. Next consider how long you will keep the phone for. A year, two years, three years? Phones now to many are a major purchase and many keep the phones as long as they can. If you are a three year investment buyer, will the 16GB last? And possibly lastly, your usage. Now you might be a light user. In a year's time you might be active on here, wanting to try virtually every app you see, you might change jobs and need your phone to run a new business etc, you might join online messaging or gaming groups needing phone use. Life now might not be the same as life in one year, two years, three years.

My rule has alway been, consider what might be and not just what is now. Consider how usage might go up. And even if you don't think you need memory, power, etc now you might in future, so always get the most you can afford.
    Quis89 and Vyenkatesh like this.
    02-26-2016 07:25 AM
    I got a 16GB 6S, at first (like the 6 but before that, I've always had 32GB) and I did not mind the storage management. I was already storing my visual media in Google and streaming my music.

But I find out that, despite not minding managing my storage, I did not necessarily LIKE it. I was just used to it. Having photos or videos ready, on the go, in your device is very useful.
    Then, I saw apps taking more and more space with their cache so I ended up deleting and reinstalling some of them.

I got sick of that so I got a 64GB instead and voila!
    Spencerdl likes this.
    02-26-2016 03:51 PM
    Yeah, like most have said, go larger if you can.. I had a 32 GB 4s and in the end, I had about 4 GB left, but when I got my 6s, I went 64gb
    02-26-2016 03:55 PM
    If your budget is tight, and/or you plan on upgrading in a year or less, then the16gb would probably suit you best.

If you plan on having it for 2yrs or more, it would probably be better to spend the extra $100 and get the 64gb. Last thing you want to worry about is managing storage if you're gonna have it for a while.
    02-26-2016 04:08 PM
    Unused storage has never frustrated anyone...
    I never mentionned frustration
    02-26-2016 04:46 PM
    I'd grab the 64gb. It's always better to have more, and not less should you need it.
    TwitchyPuppy likes this.
    02-26-2016 06:31 PM
    Completely based on your description of what you would do with your iPhone, the 16 GB option is enough*. However I would buy and already have bought an iPhone 6s with 64 GB of storage simply because that is how much I need for my uses. I put all of my music on my iPhone. (I bought Apple Music) As well as everything else from apps to games. The 64 GB model is more worth than the 16 GB because you get the flexibility to add more apps and music if you choose to do so in the future.

*If you don't plan on doing anything else with it
    02-28-2016 09:37 PM
    I never mentionned frustration
    You asked how more storage is better if it is unused. The lack of storage has frustrated many. Too much storage has never frustrated anyone. That is an example of how unused storage is better.
    03-01-2016 10:18 AM
    You asked how more storage is better if it is unused. The lack of storage has frustrated many. Too much storage has never frustrated anyone. That is an example of how unused storage is better.
    I cannot see how something unused is better.
    If I have 4 bedrooms in my appartments but only use 2, it's wasted space.
    akutch34 likes this.
    03-01-2016 01:21 PM
    I cannot see how something unused is better.
    If I have 4 bedrooms in my appartments but only use 2, it's wasted space.
    If I'm recently married and me and my wife will possibly have children we aren't going to move into a one bedroom apartment. We are going to move into a place that has space for us to grow IF we decide to grow. Why move into a smaller apartment only for your living situation and family situation to change a year from now? Then you're stuck.

You using 2 bedrooms means 1 wasn't enough, right? It would suck to have moved into a 1 bedroom (16gb) apartment only to find out that you probably should have went with 2(64gb).

This seems like a really simple concept to me. Protect yourself from the possibility of a lifestyle change that will have you using more of your device. If you limit yourself to 16GB you may find yourself upset down the line when you realize you actually need more. Especially since 16GB isn't really 16GB.
    wlonsdale and robertk328 like this.
    03-01-2016 01:52 PM
    If I'm recently married and me and my wife will possibly have children we aren't going to move into a one bedroom apartment. We are going to move into a place that has space for us to grow IF we decide to grow. Why move into a smaller apartment only for your living situation and family situation to change a year from now? Then you're stuck.

You using 2 bedrooms means 1 wasn't enough, right? It would suck to have moved into a 1 bedroom (16gb) apartment only to find out that you probably should have went with 2(64gb).

This seems like a really simple concept to me. Protect yourself from the possibility of a lifestyle change that will have you using more of your device. If you limit yourself to 16GB you may find yourself upset down the line when you realize you actually need more. Especially since 16GB isn't really 16GB.

It is, indeed, a very simple concept. You go with what suits your needs and budget.

Like a 16GB iPhone, it's their cheapest iteration and with all the cloud options, for some type of users, it won't be an issue.
    I had a 16GB iPhone 6 for a while, keeping my visual media in Google Photos and streaming my music and always had between 6.5 ans 7 GB free.

So it really depends on your needs, there is no 'wrong' choice.

Like my apartment. I bought one with two bedrooms, one is currently an office. Because that's what suited my needs and budget. If I ever need more space, I'll sell and buy accordingly.

I could have gotten a Porsche, for all the extra horsepower.
    But if I never go above 75 mph, it would have rendered them useless so I could have bought a less expensive car that suited my needs better.
    akutch34 likes this.
    03-01-2016 02:38 PM
    It is, indeed, a very simple concept. You go with what suits your needs and budget.

Like a 16GB iPhone, it's their cheapest iteration and with all the cloud options, for some type of users, it won't be an issue.
    I had a 16GB iPhone 6 for a while, keeping my visual media in Google Photos and streaming my music and always had between 6.5 ans 7 GB free.

So it really depends on your needs, there is no 'wrong' choice.

Like my apartment. I bought one with two bedrooms, one is currently an office. Because that's what suited my needs and budget. If I ever need more space, I'll sell and buy accordingly.

I could have gotten a Porsche, for all the extra horsepower.
    But if I never go above 75 mph, it would have rendered them useless so I could have bought a less expensive car that suited my needs better.
    It certainly is about needs. But needs change. He may need more space than a 16GB iPhone will allow a year from now. So why limit yourself if you have the ability to purchase a higher option that will allow you more comfort down the line? I'd never recommend a 16 GB. That's just me. I'd only recommend it if you truly can't afford a higher memory model. I've worked for a wireless carrier and I've seen far too many people come in upset because their space is running low. iOS updates not working, applications not updating, camera not working. Stuff like that. In my opinion, it is best to prepare yourself for the possibility of your needs increasing if you have the means to do so. I would assume the OP has those means otherwise there is no point in asking the question.

How difficult would it be for the OP to sell his 16 GB phone and purchase a higher memory model down the line if he needs the extra space? Would he lose money doing that? Is it worth the hassle? Why not get the extra memory now? His original question says that he doesn't want to have to delete apps and photos just to free up space. Why suggest the low memory phone which has a greater chance of that occurring? He said 16 GB seems like it's a little bit. He said 32 GB would be ideal. Which means there is a strong chance 16 GB is not going to be enough. The next and only option is the 64 GB.

And the Porsche example isn't applicable. I can't see anyones needs calling for a Porsche. A better example is do you and your significant other purchase a two seater or a sedan?
    wlonsdale and Sherry_B like this.
    03-01-2016 04:58 PM
    future proofing
    03-02-2016 04:00 PM
    I really don't want to go to far off topic...but, I personally look at storage space like this, I might not need it today or tomorrow, but the way things are going, I'm going to need it whenever. So for ME .."it's better to have and not need (today), than to need and not have (future)".
    Another way I look at "it"....if you fail to plan, then plan to fail.

There really is no right or wrong answer. Everyone uses their devices differently, but common sense does come into play. Storage space isn't always about music, photos and contacts. Space is being consumed from various sources.
    Bottom line, get what you want and if it doesn't work out for you, then you have gained important experience on what's best for YOU.

Just my .02 cents
    TwitchyPuppy, timja and Sherry_B like this.
    03-02-2016 10:05 PM
    I really don't want to go to far off topic...but, I personally look at storage space like this, I might not need it today or tomorrow, but the way things are going, I'm going to need it whenever. So for ME .."it's better to have and not need (today), than to need and not have (future)".
    Another way I look at "it"....if you fail to plan, then plan to fail.

There really is no right or wrong answer. Everyone uses their devices differently, but common sense does come into play. Storage space isn't always about music, photos and contacts. Space is being consumed from various sources.
    Bottom line, get what you want and if it doesn't work out for you, then you have gained important experience on what's best for YOU.

Just my .02 cents
    That makes much sense, thanks =)
    Spencerdl likes this.
    03-03-2016 10:44 AM
    I agree with @Spencerdl. I've bought the lowest since the beginning but I started using it for more. Switched to the mid level and have been ok so far but times I get close and have to delete some stuff. I could probably go to the largest storage next time.

My "needs" changed over time and the lower capacity versions just won't cut it.
    Spencerdl and Quis89 like this.
    03-05-2016 07:47 AM
    For the longest time 16 has been getting me by so I got a 16gb 6s...now I wish I would've went 64gb. I find that I am doing more with my phone than in the past with photos and it doesn't take long for that to overtake my phone lol.
    Spencerdl and Quis89 like this.
    03-15-2016 08:25 AM
    64 for sure.. No need to even waste money on a 16gb.
    03-15-2016 02:38 PM
    It all depends on what you'll use it for. I have the 128GB and all my music is stored on it. Along with a few skate videos and movies I have. But most of that stuff can be stored/accessed from the cloud. So Google Play Music or Apple Music and other streaming services rule. And I have T-Mobile with unlimited data so I'm set on that front.
    03-15-2016 06:29 PM
52 123