Is this "good" battery life for iPhone 6S?

suijkerwerk

Feb 1, 2016
Visit site
Hi all,

Not really what you call an original question, but I would like to know if my iPhone 6S battery life is any good?
My last iPhone was a 5S with very bad battery life, so this isn't exactly a good reference point.

I got 7 hours+ usage on my device (standby +/- 34 hours).

Much of that usage was browsing, fitness app, facebook and some other apps.

i6sbl.png

Who can help me? Thanks in advance! :yes:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Is this "good" battery life for iPhone 6S?

Yes, in regard to the thread question.

suijkerwerk

Feb 1, 2016
Visit site
Hi all,

Thanks for your response.

So the posts from people who claim they get (much) more out of their iPhone 6S battery are nonsense?
Don't have a reference point here. As said, my iPhone 5S battery is rally crappy.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

So the posts from people who claim they get (much) more out of their iPhone 6S battery are nonsense?
Don't have a reference point here. As said, my iPhone 5S battery is rally crappy.

I don't think anyone said that. It comes down to the individual and how he/she uses their phone and their Settings. Also, some use their device more each day than others.

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I don't think anyone said that. It comes down to the individual and how he/she uses their phone and their Settings. Also, some use their device more each day than others.

That's right. Here's a screen cap where I used the phone less during that charge and got more standby time.

IMG_0012.PNG

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site

That's right. Here's a screen cap where I used the phone less during that charge and got more standby time.

View attachment 101715

True. I usually charge the battery when it reaches about 10%. I don't care about the stats much. I just made a few screen caps here and there since buying the phone in December to prove how great the standby time is on the 6S.

I have one with a standby of 69 hrs with about 7 hrs usage.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

View attachment 101715

True. I usually charge the battery when it reaches about 10%. I don't care about the stats much. I just made a few screen caps here and there since buying the phone in December to prove how great the standby time is on the 6S.

I have one with a standby of 69 hrs with about 7 hrs usage.

You don't use your phone as much as I do. I'll do 7 hours usage in 13 hours! Lol

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I've never got more than 7 hours of usage. But on your screens I see several cases with 8+ of usage.

The last two phones side by side are a 6S+ and a 6+. The other two in posts previously are of my 6S. On the 6S, I usually average anywhere between 5-8 hrs usage with anywhere between 40-60 hrs standby.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
My 6 Plus is a beast! If I forget to charge it, I'm still ok the next day, although at some point early in the day I DO have to scramble to find a place to charge.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Hi all,

Don't worry what everyone else is posting. Is the battery life of the iPhone 6s meeting your needs? If answer is yes then don't concern yourself with what everyone else is claiming.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Don't worry what everyone else is posting. Is the battery life of the iPhone 6s meeting your needs? If answer is yes then don't concern yourself with what everyone else is claiming.

suijkerwerk, I have to agree with sting. If the battery is not lasting a specific time that you need, let us know and we might be able to help you squeeze a bit more battery time. In the meantime, have you read the article listed below here on iMore about increasing the life of your battery?

Secret power-savers: Extend your iPhone battery life now! | iMore

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods