On my old windows phone, the event would pop up on my home screen to alert me. The Iphone requires me to go to calendar to find it.
    01-24-2016 09:54 PM
    If you check the notification shade, the day's events are listed there.... But, I agree, they're not very noticeable. One thing I miss about Android is the widgets..
    Ticojpunk likes this.
    01-25-2016 12:49 PM
    I'm missing something. When I create an event and set a notification alert time for it, I am alerted of the event. I see the alert on my Watch most of the time unless I'm actually on the phone. Still, I am not required to go into the Calendar app to view the alert.
    01-25-2016 07:38 PM
    I'm missing something. When I create an event and set a notification alert time for it, I am alerted of the event. I see the alert on my Watch most of the time unless I'm actually on the phone. Still, I am not required to go into the Calendar app to view the alert.
    I don't think you understand what we mean. For example, if I make an event today for... March 3rd. I will definitely forget about it between now and then. It would be nice to have a calendar on the home screen where you could be reminded of upcoming events. The only thing I can see to do with the current setup is to set a bunch of reminder alerts which is annoying.
    01-25-2016 09:09 PM
    I don't think you understand what we mean. For example, if I make an event today for... March 3rd. I will definitely forget about it between now and then. It would be nice to have a calendar on the home screen where you could be reminded of upcoming events. The only thing I can see to do with the current setup is to set a bunch of reminder alerts which is annoying.
    You are right. I did misunderstand. I'm sorry.
    01-25-2016 09:15 PM
    Lock screen?
    01-25-2016 09:17 PM
    I'm not sure that's what the original question was about. I definitely read that as wanting an alert when an event already in the calendar is going to happen. That's quite easy to set up in settings, under notifications, for the calendar app - make sure that notifications are turned on, then turn on alerts for upcoming events.

In addition to the notification shade "today" widget, you can also ask Siri. "Hey Siri, do I have anything scheduled for March 3?"
    01-25-2016 11:04 PM
    How far in advance do you want to be reminded of upcoming events? a day, week, month??
    01-25-2016 11:05 PM
    Fantastical will do that with a widget
    01-26-2016 03:37 PM