Do you have an iPhone 6S Plus and wish you had the 6S?

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I started out with the 6s ended up returning it for the s+. After a few months with the s+ it really started to bother me. Missed the one hand use and the size of the 6s. I ended up selling the s+ going back to 6s space grey 64gb. Well after a month I started to really miss the screen of the s+. Ended up buying another and am trying it again. Once your used to the screen and battery its a struggle to go back. Got another 6s+ 128

Last edited:

williamsbh76

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I had a 6+ and upgraded to 6S+. The battery life and screen real estate just make it so much more. I am a big guy it looks like a regular 6/S in my hands. Incidentally my work phone is a 5S and I do prefer that size to hold when changing songs in the car. It makes for much less distraction but otherwise I don't foresee myself dropping to anything smaller in the future.

As a side note, I've seen several people complaining about screen rotation. Just put it in "Zoomed" mode under Settings>Display & Brightness. Everything will be bigger but the ratio is the same as smaller iPhones. If you want more on the screen such as in a text thread or email just go into accessibility and change the text size.

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I bought both the 6S and 6S+. I couldn't make up my mind which one I wanted to I ordered a 6S+ first and then two weeks later, got the 6S. I really like using both of them.

rsgoldens

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
I also have both. When I am working the 6s+ is good because it's on my desk most of the day. When I'm out and about the 6s fits better in my jeans pocket. I have to say the s plus is just noticeably heavier than the regular plus was and I couldn't get used to. Nice thing about having multiple lines, somebody always has an upgrade but nobody else cares about technology like me :)

wsmather

Jan 26, 2016
Visit site
Re: 6s plus users would you go to a 6 ?

So was I. The Moto X Classic (2013). Had it for three years and still love it. But since I made the switch to the Iphone 6s, wow. I can't believe how wonderful the user experience is. The "pain" of trading ecosystems is worth it. Especially if you are heavily invested in Google apps. They all translate quite well to the Iphone. You merely opt to use them instead of the built in Iphone apps (except for Contacts, which you need to use even though you sync Google Contacts.) My reason for switching initially? Iphone has an app that can directly control high end hearing aids. For me, that's a killer app, and the reason I switched. But my oh my, the other unexpected benefits. If IOS is a walled garden, bring it on. Love what they've done with the place. :)

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
I originally wanted the 6S Plus but those bezels are too big! If the phone itself was smaller while keeping the screen size then I would have gotten it over the 6S.

H_D

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
So, I had the 6S and eventually bought a 6S+ two months later to try it out. Recently sold the 6S and decided to go with the Plus. Why? Because when I first got the Plus, I was overwhelmed by the weight and height of it but eventually got used to it and the battery life was night and day between them. I had eventually decided to stick with the 6S and sell the Plus after checking out some reviews on the battery smart case exclusive to the 6S. Only thing is that when the reviewer weighed it with the case on, it was actually heavier then the Plus. I love cases as most people do and had about ten of them from Apple Leather cases to some super thin cases from Amazon but the funny thing is when adding the case, the one-handedness kind of suffers. Also, had a friend come over with an Otterbox on their 6S and it was heavier then the Plus. So, I decided to sell the 6S instead and keep the 6S+. Caseless but I did add a skin from DBrand and it's worked out so far. Enjoying the OIS, better battery, and screen size. I honestly could've kept either one and be happy with my choice but I figured I might as well try something new since the 6 & 6S didn't feel like as much of an upgrade from my 5S as I'd hoped. Now awaiting the 7....

Last edited:

BobR1908

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
Re: 6s plus users would you go to a 6 ?

I totally agree with you I had the 6s traded my dad for the 6s plus and I totally miss the smaller daily driver being a runner and working out with my phone

I had the 6s Plus and loved it for its battery however found it too heavy and cumbersome for my daily use which like you, includes jogging and others forms of workouts such as hiking and time in the gym. I exchanged mine for a 6s and while I may lose out on the large battery I find the battery in the 6s fine and the size basically perfect for my daily use.

Posted via the Android iMore App!

BobR1908

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
i switched from the Samsung Note4, this phone is much smaller and hasnt bothered me at all. i can still navigate with one had just fine if need be

I hope you are referring to the 6S - if so I would concur as I once had the Note 4 as well. Should you be speaking of the 6S Plus I would have to disagree - the 6S Plus is quite a bit heavier at 192g vs 175g for the Note 4. The 6S Plus is a little thinner (by approx 1mm) so yes, it wins there lol. Overall I found the 6S Plus more cumbersome however at the same time understand it works perfectly fine for others. It is an AMAZING phone. I am loving what I personally think is the perfect size of the 6S :) It will be the first phone I keep for more than a couple months (lol) - I bought AppleCare for it :)

Last edited:

zhelf

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2009
Visit site
I had my 6s+ for a week before returning it for my 6s. Yeah the screen was nice and the battery like everyone says, but I like the manageability of the 6s better. And that's coming from a Note 3 user who swore he'd never go smaller again. Go figure

see i agree with you i love bigger screened phones but for my iphone i much prefer the 6s over the plus but i use my note 5 no problem. the biggest issue i have is i need one handed use a lot and having all of the iphone menu and back options in the upper left corner and i am a righty makes it too hard to use the plus. and i have big hands. but the 6s is much more manageable for me so i greatly prefer it. but on the android front i prefer the note 5 over the s6 because i can put my icons lower on the screen and i have a back button.

Young_Reazy

May 31, 2014
Visit site
I have the iPhone 6s+ and I really like it, but the size is just annoying now. I had the 6 plus last year and that got boring as well. Idk why I didn't just go for a 6s. My sisters just got the 6s and I'm not gonna like I'm kind of jealous. The bigger battery is nice and all but the size just gets to you. I think I might switch soon but idk if I'll regret it or not.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I actually have both and am pretty much ready to sell my 6S Plus. Used the original Plus for a year and then the 6S Plus and realized it's just not practical for me.

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I actually have both and am pretty much ready to sell my 6S Plus. Used the original Plus for a year and then the 6S Plus and realized it's just not practical for me.

Yup same here had the 6s on launch a few months later went with s+ and had that for
2 months after the 2 months the size really started to bug me. Sold it to a fellow Imore member and picked up a 6s space grey 64gb and couldn't be happier. Just suits me better.

anon(39328)

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
Yes and no... To be more to the point, I wish my eyesight was still good enough to use the 6s. Also, I wish the battery life was as good with the 6s. I know a lot of folks like the phablet size phones, but I see them as being a necessary evil (for me).

ddot196

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Slightly off topic but I think it really depends on your lifestyle. My wife just got the plus version (I have the regular one) and she loves it. She normally uses two hands already to use her phone so the bump up in size wasn't a huge problem for her. Also I think it's about how you carry your phone. Women have a purse or their back pocket like my wife but I only have my two small front pockets. If I could put the plus into my pockets I'd totally have one of those!

H3aTeRzz

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
No regrets for 6S Plus....Just got it. Been, and still an Android fan, with a Note 5, Note 4 and S6 Active. Having the iPhone 6s Plus completes my circle! lol

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I had a 6s plus and while I loved the bigger screen, I found myself having a harder time using the device with one hand. Decided to go back to a 6s. Haven't regretted it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen