Seeking Android-like Alarm, any suggestions?

kimdushinski

Dec 25, 2015
Visit site
Seeking Android-like Alarm

I just switched to iPhone 6s from an Samsung Galaxy S4. I miss my alarm clock!

Is there an alarm clock on/for iPhone that does all this:

- Repeats on a schedule (i.e. every weekday)
- Gives a countdown to next alarm (i.e. alarm set for 7 hours and 28 minutes from now)
- Ability to snooze 3 times then give a final alarm (not just endless snoozing, 'cuz I will)
- Works without setting it or turning on / leaving on an app every night (might as well use an actual alarm clock)

Hoping this is possible.

kurpaige

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Re: Seeking Android-like Alarm

I guess it's to each it's own cause I hated that 3 snoozes cause if I didn't want to get up then after the final snooze I slept and was always late lol

There's so many alarm clocks in the App Store I'm sure one will do all your looking for. The built in app works great for me.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site

I just switched to iPhone 6s from an Samsung Galaxy S4. I miss my alarm clock!

Is there an alarm clock on/for iPhone that does all this:

- Repeats on a schedule (i.e. every weekday)
- Gives a countdown to next alarm (i.e. alarm set for 7 hours and 28 minutes from now)
- Ability to snooze 3 times then give a final alarm (not just endless snoozing, 'cuz I will)
- Works without setting it or turning on / leaving on an app every night (might as well use an actual alarm clock)

Hoping this is possible.

The iPhone alarm allows repeating on a schedule and works without turning it on / leaving on an app every night.

Apple's alarm doesn't give any count down like you are looking for or final alarm, sorry. I personally don't like that feature of a final alarm anyway. I prefer to set the alarm for when I want to wake up and then do so. There is a snooze feature though. There may be a 3rd party app that does what you are looking for.

There are an amazing number of 3rd party alarm clock apps, though you will need to launch them and leave them running in the foreground. There are a few apps, such as IFTTT, that can automate the process if you like, so you don't have to remember to launch your favorite 3rd party alarm app.

kimdushinski

Dec 25, 2015
Visit site

Thanks for the input. I will keep looking for a 3rd party app, so far...haven't found it. That tip about IFTTT is helpful. If I find one that works, I could use that to make it run every night.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site

Thanks for the input. I will keep looking for a 3rd party app, so far...haven't found it. That tip about IFTTT is helpful. If I find one that works, I could use that to make it run every night.

IFTTT is amazing in my opinion. I can set up to receive a reoccurring phone call each day with a customized message. I can program all my bedroom lights to slowly fade on each morning... Post to Facebook each time I take a picture or whatever. You could probably program 3 snooze alarms, each of different alert sounds/tones, with the final being a special wake up song and have your lights come on. (Note, you have to have programmable LED lights like the Vue, etc.)

I hope you find what you are looking for.

jobosumm

May 3, 2011
Visit site

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1451531316.019553.jpg

You could always try this lol... I like to switch it up and will change the alarm "messages" to myself.

kimdushinski

Dec 25, 2015
Visit site

Update: I started using Alarm Clock Wake (r) Pro. It works well for what I want, except it is a huge drain on my battery.

I am thinking of keeping my old Samsung Galaxy 4 by my bedside as my alarm clock. Gives me exactly what I need - because it IS the Android alarm I have been trying to make the iPhone be. If only Apple would just let me adjust the snooze to 5 minutes...

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I don't know if Android OS has an alarm like this: "Alarm Clock Reboot" app in App Store.

Alarm Clock Reboot by Every Penny Apps https://appsto.re/us/7MvsZ.i

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Update: I started using Alarm Clock Wake (r) Pro. It works well for what I want, except it is a huge drain on my battery.

I am thinking of keeping my old Samsung Galaxy 4 by my bedside as my alarm clock. Gives me exactly what I need - because it IS the Android alarm I have been trying to make the iPhone be. If only Apple would just let me adjust the snooze to 5 minutes...

You can do all that with the stock clock features, except you would need to set the timer each time to countdown to the next alarm.

robstunner

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
I changed from years of Android and I feel your pain. I miss my sleep as Android app dearly. My biggest thing was increasing alarm that starts off low and gets louder. I found that nightstand central does this but needs to be running all night. I'm not a big fan of that and I'm surprised there's no ios alternative. It's still no match for sleep by Android, but I guess we will have to adjust.

joshields

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site

I miss my Android alarm too! I came over from the Darkside in December and I've been quietly complaining ever since about the IOS clock; I'm especially missing the feature that does the math on how much time before the alarm goes off!

kimdushinski

Dec 25, 2015
Visit site
Oh yes! I miss that too. Nothing like knowing exactly how much sleep is possible right before you go to sleep.

Three months in to having a iPhone and I still miss my Android alarm clock multiple times a day, every day - once at night (when I want to know how long before my alarm goes off) and four times in the morning when I can't see what is happening on the iOS alarm because looking pretty is more important than function to Apple. Small light gray type on a white background is not easy for me to see without my glasses.

Anyway, enough complaining. Here is how I have learned to make the Apple Alarm do for me what the Android alarm did built-in:

I set the first alarm 15 minutes before I want to get up.
When it goes off I turn on the Timer for 5 minutes. (First Snooze)
Then I turn the timer back on two more times to get my second and third snoozes.
I have a second alarm with a different song go off 16 minutes after the first alarm.

The second alarm is a fail safe in case I forget to turn on the timer for the snoozes.

It is not perfect, but it does at least approximate what I want. I don't have to remember to turn it on and it doesn't drain my battery like the many third party alarm apps.

If I weren't addicted to the three little dots showing up when someone with an iPhone is texting me back and the awesome emojis, I would probably switch back to Android.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site

I miss my Android alarm too! I came over from the Darkside in December and I've been quietly complaining ever since about the IOS clock; I'm especially missing the feature that does the math on how much time before the alarm goes off!

The lock screen presents a countdown for the snooze alarm, if that helps.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Try the app Sleep Time+ : Sleep Cycle Smart Alarm Clock by Azumio Inc.

https://appsto.re/us/A7fTD.i

There is even a free version. It may be overkill for what you want but it does feature descending snooze.

Unless you're wearing the phone somehow on your body, I don't understand how it can keep track of your sleep patterns (restless vs deep REM sleep). Even my fitness tracker must be worn on my wrist to track my sleep patterns.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Unless you're wearing the phone somehow on your body, I don't understand how it can keep track of your sleep patterns (restless vs deep REM sleep). Even my fitness tracker must be worn on my wrist to track my sleep patterns.

I was wondering the same thing. Even if your phone is literally touching your body it still doesn't have the sensors needed to track sleep patterns.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Seems like it might just be easier to get up when the alarm goes off :) I'd like to "snooze" some mornings but my mind starts going right away and I just need to get up. If I'm dog tired and need a few extra minutes, I take the blankets off so I'm not that comfortable, that way I'm sure I won't go back to sleep. Good luck finding the app you need!

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Seems like it might just be easier to get up when the alarm goes off :) I'd like to "snooze" some mornings but my mind starts going right away and I just need to get up. If I'm dog tired and need a few extra minutes, I take the blankets off so I'm not that comfortable, that way I'm sure I won't go back to sleep. Good luck finding the app you need!

I have Snooze completely disabled on my iPhone. It's dangerous!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice