Find my friends is supposedly consuming a lot of power??

latinking91

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
I installed battery doctor and it's saying find my friends is consuming a lot of power but I have sharing location off and everything associated with it. Also I books and podcasts I have those turned off also. Should I trust this?? My battery doesn't match up to what other people are getting on the other 6s's

latinking91

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
Under my normal battery settings none of those show up but when I go into battery doctor and click on find my friends it says this app is consuming a large amount of power. I'm just iffy because I see what other people are getting battery life wise on they're 6s's and mines not close.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Under my normal battery settings none of those show up but when I go into battery doctor and click on find my friends it says this app is consuming a large amount of power. I'm just iffy because I see what other people are getting battery life wise on they're 6s's and mines not close.

It shows that to everyone. It's not your usage. It's just saying that app is an example of an app that uses a lot of battery. Here's mine!
007a93f4418383726c17bffb37c5b294.257401

Don't worry with this. If you're not currently using Find My Friends, turn off location services for it.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Don't worry with this. If you're not currently using Find My Friends, turn off location services for it.

This will disable it for others if they use it to locate the OP.

I would be more likely to believe iOS reporting of battery usage for the app than a 3rd party.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
This will disable it for others if they use it to locate the OP.

I would be more likely to believe iOS reporting of battery usage for the app than a 3rd party.

That's the point. What he is looking at is not his usage. It's an example.
I don't even have that app, but get the same thing. It's just showing examples. But if he's worried about battery, why not cut it off.

thijs1981

Jun 6, 2016
Visit site
That's the point. What he is looking at is not his usage. It's an example.
I don't even have that app, but get the same thing. It's just showing examples. But if he's worried about battery, why not cut it off.

Actually, you do have that app. It's a standard non-removable app in iOS. Everyone has it.

Branta

Retired Network Moderator
Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't trust that app .. What does it say in settings under battery ?

LMAO mAh/minute. I'll expand that... milliAmp-hours per minute. milliAmps per hour per minute if you want it in full. That is technobabble bullcrap. The app is a POS, a scam, a witch doctor. The best advice is to delete "Battery Doctor" and get on with using the phone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods