How to check which chip I have?

Larry Cook1

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the info firedept10. I downloaded and crossed my fingers and got lucky and have the TSMC. Thanks again for the info.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Because it's the preferred chip, as you well know.

I don't prefer it. I never even think about it. All those unfactual articles written early on really got some folks upset over nothing. LOL You don't hear much about it now, do you? Those writers have shut up after realizing the truth. There's not a dimes difference in the chips. If you think so, prove It!

Phill_UK

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I don't prefer it. I never even think about it. All those unfactual articles written early on really got some folks upset over nothing. LOL You don't hear much about it now, do you? Those writers have shut up after realizing the truth. There's not a dimes difference in the chips. If you think so, prove It!

LOL. You say you don't prefer it, and you pretend never to think about it because you don't have it.

Did I say I believed the hype? No. You just added that flannel to try and convince yourself there's no difference. All I said was that it is the preferred chip, and it is... fact.

For example if there were 2 phones left on the shelf, one with the TSMC chip and the other with the Samsung chip. You knew which was which and you had to pick one. Tell me you wouldn't choose the TSMC one!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
LOL. You say you don't prefer it, and you pretend never to think about it because you don't have it.

Did I say I believed the hype? No. You just added that flannel to try and convince yourself there's no difference. All I said was that it is the preferred chip, and it is... fact.

For example if there were 2 phones left on the shelf, one with the TSMC chip and the other with the Samsung chip. You knew which was which and you had to pick one. Tell me you wouldn't choose the TSMC one!

Preferred by who? And why?
I like having the Samsung chip. I prefer it!
d6ed7e7925e9e0da779664406954cc3b.024960

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
As I understand it, the Samsung chip has better performance at the expense of battery life only when the phone is heavily cpu bound. I think that the vast majority of phone users don't use their phones that way, so which chip isn't important at all. I'd take either one if I had the choice; it really doesn't matter to me.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
As I understand it, the Samsung chip has better performance at the expense of battery life only when the phone is heavily cpu bound. I think that the vast majority of phone users don't use their phones that way, so which chip isn't important at all. I'd take either one if I had the choice; it really doesn't matter to me.

Me neither! But I am highly satisfied with the Samsung chip I have. I wouldn't risk trading. Just when you think it's a dead issue, someone posts about it. LOL

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I've had both chips in two different 6s Plus and have had shockingly similar battery life in both. Overblown, just like most of these things.

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
How do you get such good battery life. What are your secrets

On the 6S+, I have the brightness set at halfway and auto brightness is off. I never use Wi-Fi and that's about it.

On the 6S, brightness is set a little below halfway with auto brightness off and like above, I never use Wi-Fi.

Email is set to push on all accounts. That's about it, nothing too special about it.

latinking91

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
On the 6S+, I have the brightness set at halfway and auto brightness is off. I never use Wi-Fi and that's about it.

On the 6S, brightness is set a little below halfway with auto brightness off and like above, I never use Wi-Fi.

Email is set to push on all accounts. That's about it, nothing too special about it.

Grrr! Either I use my phone too much or my phone dies quick. I get about 10 hours standby time with like almost 5 hours of usage. I am a heavy user though

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2