How to check which chip I have?

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Grrr! Either I use my phone too much or my phone dies quick. I get about 10 hours standby time with like almost 5 hours of usage. I am a heavy user though

Here's the best battery life out of all my iPhones. This one is on the 6+. Same settings as the 6S+. Your carriers reception will also affect your battery. When I was with AT&T, my battery would barely last a day a few years back. Once I moved to T-Mobile, my battery life doubled.

IMG_9890.jpg

latinking91

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
Here's the best battery life out of all my iPhones. This one is on the 6+. Same settings as the 6S+. Your carriers reception will also affect your battery. When I was with AT&T, my battery would barely last a day a few years back. Once I moved to T-Mobile, my battery life doubled.

View attachment 100166

I'm on T-Mobile right now but no service at the moment. I have the sim in and I turned off cellular but if the dots keep moving its finding reception right? How do I keep it from doing that. Maybe I got a defective one I don't get anything close to that

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
You can always take it to the Apple store and they can run a diagnostic on it. You can make an appointment online and it will offer to send a diagnostic test to the phone so that the store will have the results when you get there.

I have excellent reception on T-Mobile everywhere I go here in Denver/Broomfield Colorado.

latinking91

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
You can always take it to the Apple store and they can run a diagnostic on it. You can make an appointment online and it will offer to send a diagnostic test to the phone so that the store will have the results when you get there.

I have excellent reception on T-Mobile everywhere I go here in Denver/Broomfield Colorado.

I will definitely have to do that. Maybe they can give me some clarity. Thanks for your help.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I will definitely have to do that. Maybe they can give me some clarity. Thanks for your help.

Signal reception is very important with battery life. So is brightness. My Verizon signal is not that great. 2 or 3 dots most of the time. I keep brightness at about 30%. I don't use auto brightness. My best runs about 12 hours usage. I'm a heavy user. I seem to do better on WiFi. Cellular seems to eat more, especially when using the camera.

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
So...help me out here, is the TSMC chip (which I have) in the 6s...supposed to give me better reception/battery-life? Should I feel "lucky"? :)

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
So...help me out here, is the TSMC chip (which I have) in the 6s...supposed to give me better reception/battery-life? Should I feel "lucky"? :)

That's what many tech writers thought at first. Got everyone stirred up. It doesn't appear to make any difference.

erikbock

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I have the Samsung chip in mine and to tell the truth it's no big deal. The 6s I have gets me through the day just like the 6, 5 4 and 3GS I had before itI still have 10-30% every night when I go to bed. Next year I will get the 7 and as long as it gets me through the day Apple won't hear a word out of me.

ipooed

Dec 5, 2015
Visit site
I don't prefer it. I never even think about it. All those unfactual articles written early on really got some folks upset over nothing. LOL You don't hear much about it now, do you? Those writers have shut up after realizing the truth. There's not a dimes difference in the chips. If you think so, prove It!

For me it's still the point that Apple said there is a 2-3% difference in an official statement yet we both would pay the same price, not a 2-3% discount on the lesser model

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
For me it's still the point that Apple said there is a 2-3% difference in an official statement yet we both would pay the same price, not a 2-3% discount on the lesser model

That's not enough of a difference to matter. And it varies from phone to phone. They're not all the same. I see both chips get good battery life and bad. It's a non issue.

MRSBROWN2006

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for this info. Both of our phones have the apple chip. If I wanted samsung anything I would have bought samsung phones. We dont want samsung for anything except tv's over here.

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for this info. Both of our phones have the apple chip. If I wanted samsung anything I would have bought samsung phones. We dont want samsung for anything except tv's over here.

You might never want to buy an iPhone again. As far as I know, iPhones have always contained parts made from Samsung and will continue to do so in future iPhones. They use more parts other then the chip that this thread is talking about.

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
Put your iPhone in the microwave and set it for 30 seconds. If it charges 10% it is a Samsung chip if it charges anything more than 10% it is tsmc......

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen