Facebook is using up my battery like it's going out of style. I have tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it, I make sure I close it out of recent apps when I'm done but it's still using background data (background refresh is off!). Anyone have any suggestions or a decent alternative app? Tried friendly earlier but wasn't too crazy about it.
    12-21-2015 09:38 PM
    I have heard that if you download it in Safari it uses much less data. Dont us the native app.

Posted via the iMore App for Android
    12-22-2015 05:58 PM
    Use Friendly+. It's a nice Facebook client. I don't see how it's doing anything if you've killed it in multitasking. Could you have forgotten to swipe it out once?
    Background App Refresh won't hurt anything. It's there to help. Turning it off does not stop apps from running in the background. If it's on, they just do it more efficiently.
    12-22-2015 06:12 PM
    I tried Friendly and Paper tonight. I like paper but there is no way to see the groups I am in and just those posts. As for Friendly it is just like using the website and I hate it. Guess I will just stick with the regular Facebook app
    12-22-2015 10:05 PM
    Guess I will just stick with the regular Facebook app
    Try turning off auto play of videos and see if that helps. Tap the more control bottom right, settings, account settings, videos and photos, set auto play video to never. I've read that auto play may be what causes at least some of the battery drain.
    12-22-2015 11:19 PM