I switched back to Apple after two years, and can't understand a couple of things. Can you help me?
    1) My pictures are in the cloud, but what happens if I delete one or ten from my camera roll once in iCloud?

2) what's the difference between my pictures stored in iCloud and the Streaming Photos?

3) I also own a Mac, synced with my iCloud account. I have hundreds of old pictures stored, but I don't want them to be uploaded to iCloud, because don't care and because all my storage would be filled. Can I choose the pictures to be uploaded to iCloud?

Thank you for your advices.
    Shyuan likes this.
    12-12-2015 12:04 PM
    If your pics are synced to "iCloud" then if you add or delete a pic from one device, the results will sync to your other device(s). Streaming is more akin to sharing in a sense whereas syncing is keeping data on your configured devices the same. As for choosing what to sync to iCloud from your Mac, the answer is yes.
    12-12-2015 12:11 PM
    When you say "the cloud", do you mean iCloud, or iCloud Photo Library?
    12-12-2015 01:29 PM
    When you say "the cloud", do you mean iCloud, or iCloud Photo Library?
    I am a bit confused...can you explain me the differences and how to sync the pictures I choose?
    12-12-2015 04:47 PM
    I am a bit confused...can you explain me the differences and how to sync the pictures I choose?
    iCloud is for back up of your phone. All your data, photos, app info, Notes, etc. Everything that is currently on your phone. Each time a back up is done it may change, according to what is currently on your phone. iCloud Photo Library is like a storage for photos. I don't use iCloud Photo Library.

Here's info on iCloud Photo Library:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204264

http://m.imore.com/icloud-photo-library
    12-12-2015 07:15 PM