Why so much smearing in 6s photos?

I

iMore Question

why so much smearing in 6s photos?

6s photos are really waxy looking at 100%, the natural looking photos of previous iPhones seems all but gone... so much Noise Reduction, why?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: why so much smearing in 6s photos?

Welcome to iMore! I haven't noticed waxy looking photos on my 6s Plus and I always thought previous generations produced too much noise. That being said, you're not the first to complain. You might want to try a third party camera app like Camera+.
Camera+ by tap tap tap
https://appsto.re/us/X-LPt.i

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

I don't have the 6s, but I haven't seen too much complaints about the photos. My cousin has the 6s and all I've seen are nice. Check for cellophane on the lens. Be sure the lens is clean. Otherwise, take it to the Genius Bar and let them check it out.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Smearing? You might want to try cleaning the camera lense.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I would make an appointment with the Genius Bar to have your screen examined since you say your previous iPhone displayed properly. You may have a defective screen.

KeyPlayaJim

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site

I use the Camera+ app & save my pics as TIFFs, and they still appear to have JPEG -like artifacts at 100%. Lots of lost/smeared detail.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
How is the app you are using saving as a TIFF? It is important to note that: The ability to store image data in a lossless format makes a TIFF file a useful image archive, because, unlike standard JPEG files, a TIFF file using lossless compression (or none) may be edited and re-saved without losing image quality. This is not the case when using the TIFF as a container holding compressed JPEG.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73