6s Smart Battery Case

tdelfie03

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
I just found this case today! Lifeproof and extra power, best of both worlds!
bebedb2097f572a032bc0504f4d84de8.jpg

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I too am sick of the thinness obsession. They're uncomfortable to hold without a case, and as already stated, it means a smaller battery, and then there's the camera lense protruding issue, which is sadly not unique to the iphone.

I think they're more obsessed with lightness and not thinness.

w00cash1020

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
I've been looking at the 1by case and it costs 40 something dollah in the US store and over 80 pounds in the UK one ? !!!! WHAT THE FUDGE ?

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
I've had many extended battery cases with devices in the past, and they always (out of necessity) make the phone more bulky and heavy. I recently got the Mophie Juice Pack Reserve, which is the slimmest I've seen thus far...although I haven't see the Apple Smart Case in person yet. I'm not rocking it on my iPhone 6s as a daily combo because of the bulk...but it'll come in handy at a ball game or late night out when the stock battery will be at 20% or less before the end of the evening.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I've had many extended battery cases with devices in the past, and they always (out of necessity) make the phone more bulky and heavy. I recently got the Mophie Juice Pack Reserve, which is the slimmest I've seen thus far...although I haven't see the Apple Smart Case in person yet. I'm not rocking it on my iPhone 6s as a daily combo because of the bulk...but it'll come in handy at a ball game or late night out when the stock battery will be at 20% or less before the end of the evening.

How do y'all u like the reserve? I picked it up Black Friday weekend for $40 but haven't tried it yet.

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
How do y'all u like the reserve? I picked it up Black Friday weekend for $40 but haven't tried it yet.

I've put it on the phone, but have yet to put it to the test. It is a whole lot slimmer than the Juice Packs in the past.

Maf C

Apr 18, 2015
Visit site
1st day with the smart case. Bit heavier than I'd expected but nice to be at mid evening with 97% battery remaining having charged the night before. The humps not an issue for me and I assume the real reason is so as to not cover the antenna. If anything my signal seems to have improved which may be a result of moving from apples leather case to the smart case maybe the internal antenna in the case is helping. Call quality/sound is just as good as it was. Im a fairly heavy user & normally re-charge 2-3 times a day where I can. Personally I prefer the design over the competition & am more than happy with the improved battery life.

Ticojpunk

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
I just picked up the Smart Battery Case yesterday along with a new 6s. I love this case. When it was announced, I dismissed it pretty quickly based on looks, but I honestly even like the way it looks in person.

Battery life is stellar. I've been off charger today for 8 hours. LOTS of screen on time and my case is at 40%. Phone is still 100%. Based on the usage stats, the case alone should take me from 7:30am to 7:30pm.

The 6s with this case easily beats the battery life on my 6s Plus, and along with it I get one handed use, a front facing speaker (this really does make a big difference), and a great feeling case.

I'm honestly thrilled with this case. I think Apple did a stellar job. I have zero regrets dropping the money on this.

For anyone concerned about the headphone hole... Yup, it's small. They sell a $10 Belkin adapter in the Apple Store that works great though. I picked it up along with the case.

Last edited:

john_v

Apr 20, 2010
www.vinniesphotos.blogspot.com
Stop making me want this. I already have a battery case

I just picked up the Smart Battery Case yesterday along with a new 6s. I love this case. When it was announced, I dismissed it pretty quickly based on looks, but I honestly even like the way it looks in person.

Battery life is stellar. I've been off charger today for 8 hours. LOTS of screen on time and my case is at 40%. Phone is still 100%. Based on the usage stats, the case alone should take me from 7:30am to 7:30pm.

The 6s with this case easily beats the battery life on my 6s Plus, and along with it I get one handed use, a front spacing speaker (this really does make a big difference), and a great feeling case.

I'm honestly thrilled with this case. I think Apple did a stellar job. I have zero regrets dropping the money on this.

For anyone concerned about the headphone hole... Yup, it's small. They sell a $10 Belkin adapter in the Apple Store that works great though. I picked it up along with the case.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
That humpback case is just plain ugly BTW. Although having a lightning connector rather than micro USB, like many other battery cases do, is smart.

So, I ended up buying one as well - I just got it yesterday. I haven't used it for a full day yet - I'm going to test it out fully tomorrow. (I had the phone in the case for a few hours last night but today wasn't really a good day to use it full time, and the case was initially charged only to about 70% or so.) But, I decided to give it a try because the other battery case I have, the Tylt Energi case, is just too heavy and too thick to handle comfortably with the battery case on.

I generally don't need a battery case all that often, but there are days when I use my phone more heavily than normal without opportunities to plug in for a quick charge, and so this case, with the smaller, lighter battery pack,turns out to be just right for me. I agree with others that the hump is not all that annoying and, luckily, my Bose earbuds have a connector that fits the opening. I also like that the charger keeps the phone always charged until it runs out, on the off chance I ever need to remove the case.

So, this is a keeper for me, and my initial impression above was a little hasty.

Ticojpunk

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
So, this is a keeper for me, and my initial impression above was a little hasty.

Awesome. Yeah, I look back at my initial knee-jerk postings and I sound pretty judgmental about a case that I'd yet to hold, see, or try in real life.

I honestly can't believe I'm considering keeping this case on the majority of the time. I actually liked the extra weight that I got with the 6s Plus. This case gives me that solid feel while retaining great one-handed usability.

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
So, I ended up buying one as well - I just got it yesterday. I haven't used it for a full day yet - I'm going to test it out fully tomorrow. (I had the phone in the case for a few hours last night but today wasn't really a good day to use it full time, and the case was initially charged only to about 70% or so.) But, I decided to give it a try because the other battery case I have, the Tylt Energi case, is just too heavy and too thick to handle comfortably with the battery case on.

I generally don't need a battery case all that often, but there are days when I use my phone more heavily than normal without opportunities to plug in for a quick charge, and so this case, with the smaller, lighter battery pack,turns out to be just right for me. I agree with others that the hump is not all that annoying and, luckily, my Bose earbuds have a connector that fits the opening. I also like that the charger keeps the phone always charged until it runs out, on the off chance I ever need to remove the case.

So, how is the case material as far as added "gripage" compared say to the Apple leather (my current) case or a Mophie Juice Pack with the satin finish. And, if you keep your iPhone in your front pocket, does the case material attract a bunch of pocket lint?

Maf C

Apr 18, 2015
Visit site
Case is grippier than the leather. 1st time I popped it in my front jeans pocket & took it out there were signs of lint/fluff but I've not noticed it since. Having used heavily all day (in & out of pocket) rested on various dusty surfaces & handled with dirty/greasy hands it's looking as good as new. Doesn't slip out your pocket as easy as the leather either.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
There are times I want to pick this case up. For grins I tried to use my white silicone case today and switched it at lunch. Too much pocket lint :( I'll be content with my portable charger for now.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
So, how is the case material as far as added "gripage" compared say to the Apple leather (my current) case or a Mophie Juice Pack with the satin finish. And, if you keep your iPhone in your front pocket, does the case material attract a bunch of pocket lint?

Definitely easier to grip when comparing the silicone to leather. Versus any Mophie Juice Pack, the Apple Smart Battery Case wins, hands down.

I'm guilty of dismissing it when I first laid eyes on it. But how it manages battery power and all is vastly superior to the Mophie cases. The 1877 mAh are managed very well.

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
Dangit!! :crying:

You guys are going to make me fork over the $100 and buy one of these, aren't you?

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
So, how is the case material as far as added "gripage" compared say to the Apple leather (my current) case or a Mophie Juice Pack with the satin finish.

I've never used a Mophie, but, yes, it's much less slick than an Apple leather case. I think it's also more grippy that then Apple silicone case.

And, if you keep your iPhone in your front pocket, does the case material attract a bunch of pocket lint?

Yes, a little. I didn't have much trouble brushing it off.

I'm about 11 hours off charger. The phone is at 100% still, the case is at 51%. At this point yesterday, without the battery case, the phone was at about 60& to 65%. (I went to bed last night at 11:30 with the phone at 41%.)

Ticojpunk

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
Those of you with the Smart Battery Case, are you using it all the time or just when you know you'll need extra battery? I typically do not need the kind of battery life the case provides, but it's the first battery case I wouldn't mind having on full time (or at all).

I used it the first day and I barely cut into my phones internal battery at all. Today I went without it, but I sort of missed it. I actually love the way the "hump" sits perfectly in my palm. I'm starting to think there was some intention behind the choices they made with this design.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative