6s Smart Battery Case

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Well looks like Apple has finally acknowledged that the 6 and 6s are lacking in battery life and came up with their [URL="https://forums.imore.com/e?link=https%3A%2F%2Fapple.sjv.io%2Fc%2F221109%2F473657%2F7613%3FsubId1%3DUUimUvbUpU2662342%26subId2%3Dvbim%26u%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Fwww.apple.com%252Fshop%252Fiphone%252Fiphone-accessories%252Fcases-protection%26ourl%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.apple.com%252Fshop%252Fproduct%252FMGQL2%252Fiphone-6s-smart-battery-case-charcoal-gray%253Ffnode%253D42%2526afid%253Dp239%25257C159229%2526cid%253Daos-us-aff-ir%2526subId1%253DUUimUvbUpU2662342%2526subId2%253Dvbim%2522&token=5idT0LY3]own solution, a "smart" battery case.[/URL] I just hope they give up on their obsession with thinness and put this extra battery INSIDE the iPhone 7 next Fall...

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I agree. If they needed to make the camera lens as thick as it is, they should have just made the case the same size rather than have that dumb wart and added a few more mAh battery.

That humpback case is just plain ugly BTW. Although having a lightning connector rather than micro USB, like many other battery cases do, is smart.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I agree. If they needed to make the camera lens as thick as it is, they should have just made the case the same size rather than have that dumb wart and added a few more mAh battery.

That humpback case is just plain ugly BTW. Although having a lightning connector rather than micro USB, like many other battery cases do, is smart.

It does look odd, but in use it may work better than those that thicken the entire case and are rounded on the back. Looking at it, I doubt the "Hump" would touch my hand while using it. Although it looks odd, it might just feel better that way.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
The adhesive bandage version!
06ba1198fc26afe49d09c4a2a9cb68c2.jpg

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
I iMoreAppImg_20151208_131106.jpggot this yesterday in the mail and it works good and looks fine for the rare occasions I'll need it. We have lots of android devices so a micro usb charger is not a big deal. And I won't it so it was basically free

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
What's especially nice about having a lightning connector is that I can use the same cable to connect in my car, rather than have to swap cables. Coincidentally I received the Tylt Energi sliding case yesterday after their black friday deal. It's nice that it has an inner soft touch sleeve case that I can use every day that slides into the battery shell if/when I ever need it, but I'll have to charge the case with microUSB otherwise, and I'm not sure if the micrUSB is pass through for data to the lightning connector on the phone or if I'll have to detach it when I want to connect by USB for data.

Rather than rely on photos, I should really judge this case by looking at it. Maybe it's better in use than it looks.

The good news for me is that I rarely will need to use a battery case anyway.

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site
If Yves arrive to validate that thing and let it go out for sell, well I for see the future of design in apple house. That's pure regression in design. Really it could feel fine in hand but it's a totality of ugliness for design concept today.

akutch34

Trusted Member
Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
I'm in love with the adhesive bandage one!! Very strange. I actually like the hump in the case though.... Reminds me of my old Droid Incredible back.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I HATE micro USB and the lightning port and iOS integration are the best parts of this case for sure

That's what I'm thinking. Not sure I'd buy the case (I usually have a portable charger available if I'm not near wall charging). The only other issue I saw with it (besides the lump) is the fact that it's silicone. Makes sense, since you need to bend it, but my silicone cases always attract pocket lint. :(

john_v

Apr 20, 2010
www.vinniesphotos.blogspot.com
I View attachment 99311got this yesterday in the mail and it works good and looks fine for the rare occasions I'll need it. We have lots of android devices so a micro usb charger is not a big deal. And I won't it so it was basically free

Did you win that from Techaeris? I won the same one in a giveaway. I don't keep it on my phone all the time, just if I need a battery bump and can't be tied down to my desk. Or for the rare ball game or trip to downtown Chicago.

xanadome

May 6, 2013
Visit site
If Yves arrive to validate that thing and let it go out for sell, well I for see the future of design in apple house. That's pure regression in design. Really it could feel fine in hand but it's a totality of ugliness for design concept today.

I do not understand why Jonny Ives, with his enormous take home pay, is still reigning over Apple's design effort.
His obsession of never ending pursuit of thinness hit the wall of practicality, and this ugly baby is the proof.
The UI makeover (not feature addition or hardware spec improvement etc ) since iOS 8 when Ives stuck his nose into it has been horrible.

It appears that he is now in somewhat of a transitional position, but perhaps ready to be courteously ousted?

Anyway, this horrible battery case is a proof that Apple recognized that they went too far of this thinness obsession.

Grabber5.0

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I too am sick of the thinness obsession. They're uncomfortable to hold without a case, and as already stated, it means a smaller battery, and then there's the camera lense protruding issue, which is sadly not unique to the iphone.

jrdfox

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Just received my charcoal grey case today. I must say, very impressed so far as it fits perfectly on the phone and in my hand.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm not a fan of the hump design but if it's that or making the case stick out more from the bottom of the phone I choose the hump. Still, I get by just fine with the stock battery so I'm not too concerned either way.