Just asking because I recently came from android and with their amoled screens it seems like every android I've had eventually developed burnin. Some not that long after buying and some were months later but it is still annoying. Most noticeably the status bar and the bottom row of fixed apps. I almost always use my phone one handed so it's rarely in landscape view and I was just wondering if it's an issue. I have seen older iPhone models and didn't really seem like that was much of an issue. Just wondering if anybody's experienced it or not. Thanks in advance, Devin
    12-05-2015 01:51 PM
    Sorry let me clarify I didn't necessarily mean issues I just meant if anybody's experienced it with their iPhones.
    12-05-2015 01:52 PM
    No, never and I've had iPhones going back to the 3G version.
    DevinNJ likes this.
    12-05-2015 03:15 PM
    IPhones have LCD screens. As a general rule those don't get burn in. The screens you're referring to on Android phones are AMOLED and those screens can suffer from burn in. You won't have that issue on an iPhone.
    12-05-2015 05:11 PM
    Thanks for the replies, how about any kind of color fade? It seemed like after a while the colors looked faded in certain areas of the screen. Just curious.
    12-05-2015 05:19 PM
    Thanks for the replies, how about any kind of color fade? It seemed like after a while the colors looked faded in certain areas of the screen. Just curious.
    In my household we've had iPhones 4, 4s, 5, 5c, 6 Plus, 6s, and 6s Plus, a host of iPads, and I've never experienced burn in or color fade. You should be fine
    DevinNJ likes this.
    12-05-2015 09:30 PM
    My brother in law has an iPhone 5 that has some color fading near the top and bottom edges. It doesn't look all that bad but you can definitely see it.
    DevinNJ likes this.
    12-05-2015 09:33 PM
    Amoled is the only screen technology that would our should suffer from screen burn in and theses days the new advances that Samsung has made toward amoled screens it's almost a rarity, it usually only happens with a stagnant image on very high brightness settings that is why phones that utilize amoled that are display models have it is because they are always running high brightness and have a reoccurring test mode on. My note 5 I currently use I've had sense release day and have had no problems with burn in and I know for a fact my LCD will not have it on my 6s but LCD displays that are LED backlit have a tendency to lose luster due to LEDs going bad or just aging but again it's very uncommon but it can happen especially at the top and bottom of LCD displays. Hope this helps
    12-06-2015 05:17 AM
    I have also had almost every iPhone since the 3G, all of which are still in daily use by my extended family, and none of which have burn-in or any fading.
    DevinNJ likes this.
    12-06-2015 07:38 AM
    Hey thanks everybody, I didn't think iPhones were prone to that.
    12-06-2015 11:44 AM
    Hey thanks everybody, I didn't think iPhones were prone to that.
    On behalf of those who responded, you're very welcome...
    DevinNJ likes this.
    12-06-2015 01:07 PM
    No issues here either with iPhone 4, 5, and 6s Plus.
    12-06-2015 02:15 PM
    No issues here either. Have had nearly every iPhone model and multiple iPads. You will be fine!
    12-06-2015 10:33 PM
    Amoled is the only screen technology that would our should suffer from screen burn in and theses days the new advances that Samsung has made toward amoled screens it's almost a rarity, it usually only happens with a stagnant image on very high brightness settings that is why phones that utilize amoled that are display models have it is because they are always running high brightness and have a reoccurring test mode on. My note 5 I currently use I've had sense release day and have had no problems with burn in and I know for a fact my LCD will not have it on my 6s but LCD displays that are LED backlit have a tendency to lose luster due to LEDs going bad or just aging but again it's very uncommon but it can happen especially at the top and bottom of LCD displays. Hope this helps
    Thanks for sharing it, but I saw all LG G4 Quantum IPS LCD screens going with severe burn in (or identical issue with an alternate technical name), in some handsets are more blatant and others less, I have one friend that had the issue with an iPhone SE, he told me that LG manufactured the screen using a similar technology used in Moto G4 Plus and LG K10 that lead to the same issue as LG G4.
    11-02-2016 05:13 PM
    I have never had this issue with any of my iPhones.
    11-02-2016 05:49 PM
    I was just on vacation and took the screen lock off a timer and loaded up Google photos to upload all the 3K photos to the cloud and accidentally fell asleep. Well 4 hours later I woke up fearing burn in and I didn't have an issue. So it may be safe to say no I don't think it happens. Lol
    11-02-2016 11:16 PM
    11-02-2016 11:22 PM
    Actually I do think that it is possible to get kind of memory-effect on the screen if it will show same picture for 24/7 few months in a row. But it certainly won't be AMOLED-like burn-in. The main problem with iPhone's displays is white field quality and color temperature, for instance, when your top side of the screen is warmer or less bright than bottom side of the screen. Usually that can be seen on white background(messaging app, safari etc). If you do not have these problems - congrats it is unlikely you've run into some other troubles with display.
    11-03-2016 12:36 PM
    Nope. I haven't experienced it with my iPhone 4, 5s or current 6s. Nor have I had that problem on my iPad mini 2. I think burn in is an issue that only occurs to OLED screens (although I don't have this problem on my Nokia Lumia 925 - which has an OLED screen - either).
    11-03-2016 01:39 PM
    i get burn-in on my 5 yr old ipad 2. Not on my ipod or iphone.
    11-08-2016 12:36 AM
    The iPhone's ips LCD should be very durable, and burn in does effect LCD that often.
    11-08-2016 02:13 AM