Favorite use of Force Touch so far?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
3D Touch on the left edge of the screen. You'll see a hint of the app switcher opening to the left edge. If you slide all of the way to the right, you open the app you used last. If you slide halfway, you open the app switcher.

I no longer see this. I did a month ago.

bigdad84

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Like others, my biggest 3D Touch usage is going to be to turn the keyboard into a trackpad. Other than that and having quick contacts on the Phone app on the springboard I don't use it for anything else.

anni00

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
I use it with the AssistiveTouch function. A force touch on the AssistiveTouch button locks the screen and a normal tap works like the home button.
I have small hands, so I find it quite useful to have both home and power button on the screen.

pttptppt

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
I use it with the AssistiveTouch function. A force touch on the AssistiveTouch button locks the screen and a normal tap works like the home button.
I have small hands, so I find it quite useful to have both home and power button on the screen.

How do you do that? Doesn't work on mine

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I only use it for the track pad function. Occasionally for the app switcher as well. Aside from that it's fairly pointless to me.

sfditty

Mar 22, 2009
Visit site
The one I find most useful is the quick launch for Maps. On the way to work in the morning, it has "Directions to work" as the top option. Any other time it's "Directions home". It comes in handy for the traffic re-routiung when there's a problem- especially if you live in a congested area.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
Settings - General - AssistiveTouch - Customize Top Level Menu - 3D Touch Action

Tks for the tip.
I find that you have to put a lot more pressure on the screen to get this to work on Assistive Touch. I don't know why.
However, I like being able to customize the screen by adding icon.
Tks again

Last edited:

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
My list would be

Keyboard track pad (although I'm using SwiftKey and it doesn't allow that)

Maps for directions home in the waze app.

And the one that I use the most is the 3 quick contacts. I have the necessary ones. Mom,dad and my wife.

The quick dial is the one I use about 5 times a day. It's super handy. All the rest I usually forget about.

Just read about the app switcher one. Thanks for that tip also.

iwoodland

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
1. Peeking and popping in Email app, or using the actionable gestures from peek.
2. Keyboard trackpad to move the cursor around and select text.

How do you select text? I can use as a trackpad but I don't know how you select text.

I have just figured it out, you hold down the keyboard and then don't press so hard as a trackpad and then you press to select text.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
How do you select text? I can use as a trackpad but I don't know how you select text.

I have just figured it out, you hold down the keyboard and then don't press so hard as a trackpad and then you press to select text.

Glad you figured it out. Text selection takes some getting used to. As you're using the trackpad you have to let up a little on your press, then press down again to start selecting.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2